Wallace and Gormit

C

Compo

This does not mention Peter Sallis but am wondering if he is will take part.

'Wallace & Gromit' ride opened by show creator Nick Park in Blackpool:

Nick Park has launched a brand new Wallace & Gromit theme park ride in Blackpool.

The Thrill-O-Matic ride opened on April 24 at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, with Aardman's Park joined by Managing Director Amanda Thompson and Deputy Managing Director Nick Thompson.

The ride is part of a £5.25 million investment and five years of development, and takes fans through some of the animated duo's most loved moments.

It begins in a carriage shaped as a giant slipper, before being taken through scenes from A Grand Day Out, The Wrong Trousers, A Close Shave, A Matter of Loaf and Death and The Curse of the Were Rabbit.

Nick Park, creator of Wallace & Gromit, said: "We have the perfect marriage between Wallace and Gromit and Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

"I grew up in Preston, which is just down the road so Blackpool feels like a natural home for Wallace and Gromit.

"It has been a great experience working with the Thompson family to create this family ride that sits right in the heart of the park, I really hope that our fans enjoy the Thrill-O-Matic as much as we have enjoyed creating it."

Visitors to the Thrill-O-Matic can also receive exclusive Wallace & Gromit merchandise from the UK's only shop dedicated to the pair.

Products include modelling kits, mugs, pin badges and cheese-flavoured rock.

Aardman Animations have announced plans to produce a solo movie for Wallace & Gromit spinoff Shaun the Sheep.

well i wouldnt hold my breath about peter sallis taking any part, not now in his advanced years, but nick park is a dark horse and a man myself and many others owe a debt of gratitude to...he is patron of focc (friends of chernobyl children). a charity in which i am involved....he probably wouldnt appreciate me saying this but credit where its due.

No, I agree, I´m sure Peter won´t take part. But I have heard about the park, I´ll google it to see what it looks like.

I've just seen the advert on the television for the new ride and I think it is Peter Sallis doing the voice for the advert, if it isn't then they've got a great person impersonating him, it still sounds like Peter to me, although i dont know if he would do anything for the park

I've just seen the advert on the television for the new ride and I think it is Peter Sallis doing the voice for the advert, if it isn't then they've got a great person impersonating him, it still sounds like Peter to me, although i dont know if he would do anything for the park

Sorry but that definitely was not Peter doing the voice. The ride looks good though.

Sorry Susan and Unc but I disagree, i'm certain its Peter Sallis even though it was only a 2 or 3 seconds of talking, and when you think about it he might be able to manage something that long even though he is 92 and they could have done it somewhere where he wouldn't have to do to much, so i'm certain it was him and not this other bloke, i've heard the other bloke when they did the prom last year and it didn't sound like him in the advert to me

It sounds like a double to me, but a very good one indeed! And, hm, without showing off, I also suppose I would have heard about it if Peter had done this. But in theory he could still do it, it´s just the stress that´s too much now.

I'm still posertive its not Peter, the voice is good but just quite not there.

you could be right i suppose, im just certain it's him, but as you say if it is a double it's a good one, i know that Peter is not involved in The Ice Warriors DVD for Doctor Who at all

you could be right i suppose, im just certain it's him, but as you say if it is a double it's a good one, i know that Peter is not involved in The Ice Warriors DVD for Doctor Who at all

I bit of disagreement is good for the sole ;D

I bit of disagreement is good for the sole ;D

i agree, as long as it doesnt go too far, i was just voicing my opinion like you was yours, were all allowed to do that on here aren't we

Yes we are and that's what's good about it. And I ment soul of cause not sole tut ::)

very true susan, don't worry i knew what you meant, altho that sort of sole would mean putting your foot in it ;) ;D

i think it's like that with everyone (i couldn't think what to say at first, if i was like the rest of the younger generation i might have replied with a lol) ;D

Back