Walking..out here..without him

West Somerset railway and their stations are a model of how reverence to the past is demonstrated [as is the case with other heritage railways] so I decided to use their info email given that Crowcombe Heathfield has been used in films like the Beatles help so I asked what if any reference they make to the fact they filmed on the line and the reply I received is below.

"All of our stations fall into the listed building status, so what goes on the outside, unless required by law for safety, is all heritage. References to filming or other activities would normally be displayed on a history panel inside the building, or within one of the museums, either connected to the railway or the local community. Stations like Crowcombe Heathfield have been used many times, and to advertise all of these events would take up a lot of space.
I understand your feelings, however, especially with your chosen subject. Having seen the show on numerous occasions from first to last, I appreciate how little the town is recognized. I suspect there are a lot of people who do not even know it was filmed there. I wish you well with your project ."

That is very interesting. I suppose a multitude of plaques could become unsightly. I don't know how a train station is set up, we don't use trains here the way they are used in Britain, especially where I am now, and I haven't ridden a train since high school, but you might think they could find a little space somewhere for a singular plaque stating the location has been used multiple times in filming and have a link to a website with further information. Since you say they do have connected museums you would think they would already have a maintained site they could link to.
At least you received an honest answer.

Back