Vintage 2009 DVD price alert

Onslow

Dedicated Member
I've been collecting the various "Vintage" DVDs on eBay over the years. Still a few holes which I have email alerts. This morning I received one for a 2009 @ $29.99 USD (which was high for what I'm shopping for) but it said it was not used. With free shipping this would be understandable.

I also remember shop.bbc.com was selling the lsat few years so I went there to compare. Was totally shocked to see not only was 2009 the last year they had in stock but that it had been marked down "slightly".
2009_lotsw.JPG
Came out to a little under $15.00 USD after tax and shipping. Brand new!

Great find, Onslow! I have found a few good deals over the years via ebay and amazon. Did not think to try the obvious - shop.bbc.com. Will need to have a look there later on. Thanks.

Arrived yesterday. They threw in a slick booklet of their other DVD offerings. About ten pages of murder mystery shows. One or two pages of non-murder mysteries.

I had a Series 30-sized hole in my heart, so I ordered this set. Thanks for the tip!

Update: The Vintage 2007 (Series 28) is on Amazon (where I also got Series 30) is also reasonably priced ($20.79 after tax), so I've picked that up as well.

Last edited:
Love your dedication, the general consensus is the latter episodes were quite poor (a view that I completely disagree with) But many on here aren't fans of the post Compo era.

As a matter of interest is the DVD blu-ray as the last few series were filmed in HD?

I've watched a fistful of Alvin Smedley-era episodes and took an instant liking to the character. However, my Mrs. doesn't like how "inspired" I am by Alvin's dress sense!

I won't be watching that era for a long time, though. Besides, it'd be too jarring to jump from sooty 1975 to impossibly-clean 2003!

Last edited:
Back