Vicars

Could we make an assumption that there was a Vicar in the background shots in All of a Florrie , as Florrie seemed determine to grab Truly and make him her next husband?

Brain Fog maybe .?? I cannot think of a title to one where they go to a funeral and Compo go's to shake the vicars hand saying " good afternoon your vicarage ":fp::39:

Was that Flower Power?

In Flower Power Cut, Compo says to the vicar "how do, your vicarage"
In Going to Gordon's Wedding, Compo says to the vicar "what about it, your vicarage"

Last edited:
The Only Diesel Saxophone In Captivity, where Mr Helliwell turns up at the church after his race with Compo.

The Only Diesel Saxophone In Captivity, where Mr Helliwell turns up at the church after his race with Compo.

This is an episode with a rather sad moment, when Wesley brings out the trolley lovingly made for the grandson he was never to have.

No room for children in the series I suppose, with so much childish behavior being carried out by adults, but it does seem strange sometimes that Glenda doesn't work, when she and Barry have no kids.

I think maybe Glenda would have worked somewhere. The Library possibly with Ms Davenport if she did not have any kids. Guessing Mama Edie would have frowned on that since Barry was in the bank and on track for upward managerial position. Would not have minded seeing them with kids as long as the show was still center focused on the adults.

Back