vanilla slices

Sheree

Dedicated Member
HELP! I made vanilla slices the other day. The recipe said to put in refrigerator until custard set up....and did it set up! How are these
supposed to look and taste? I thought custard was soft and creamy. After the slices set up the custard was NOT soft and creamy.
Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

HELP! I made vanilla slices the other day. The recipe said to put in refrigerator until custard set up....and did it set up! How are these
supposed to look and taste? I thought custard was soft and creamy. After the slices set up the custard was NOT soft and creamy.
Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, you need to make custard thick, really thick. ;)

Yes, Pearl, the custard was really thick! Do you use puff pastry? After it's all set up can you eat it with your hands and it won't fall apart?

Yes puff pastry just make sure its well cooked. Try doing smaller slices they are easier to to handle. :)

Are you using corn starch in the custard?

Yes. Actually there was more cornstarch than custard powder! I thought it odd but it did make for a very stout custard. So it sounds
as though I made them properly I just need to cut them thinner. Also, can I store them under cover on the counter or should I keep
them in the fridge?

Back