Using SW quotes in real life conversation

I'm thinking about using Compo's "give over!" but not sure what it entirely means. Sounds sort of like "get out of here!" in the states as a form of exclamation/disbelief.
Are you thinking of gee-ore Onslow for 'give over '? The g is pronounced as G and not J. :oops: I 'ope tha knows what ahm trying to se ere. :)

I'm thinking about using Compo's "give over!" but not sure what it entirely means. Sounds sort of like "get out of here!" in the states as a form of exclamation/disbelief.

There are a few Dwarfers on here and Lister uses " Get out of town" as an expression of disbelief and awe .

My favourite Compo expression and one that I have often used throughout my life is, when seeing a stranger approaching, "Hey up, who's this pillock?" :oops:

Just realised Compo had a lot in common with Homer Simpson, his message was "You tried and you failed, the lesson is - never try!"

Well, if I used any of these lines from LOTSW, it would probably go over like a lead balloon.

But -- has anyone had a burst of nostalgia for anything they do on LOTSW?

Whenever Nora hangs up clothing on the line, I just want to jump through the screen. I can well remember those flapping clothes, sheets and towels; pulling the clothespins out of the clothespins bag; and occasionally on a brisk windy day, taking the wash down shortly after hanging it up.

Back