Using SW quotes in real life conversation

wstol

Dedicated Member
Anyone ever use any lines from LOTSW in everyday real life conversation?

If I ever see flowers on a dinner table, I always have to say 'Who ordered salad?' (Compo, Uncle of the Bride, and he says something similar in another episode)

If I'm offered a drink, I have to say 'Yes, we've time for a drink' (Wally Batty in one episode, Compo in Getting Sam Home)

And if I'm doing a tricky job, most of Wesley's dialogue from the waste disposal installation in Jaws.

Which lines from which episodes do you find yourselves repeating?

I frequently use some of the terms or endearment Compo uses on Foggy like "You Priscilla" etc, on my closest friends.

I find myself exclaiming, "What a load of old cobblers!" when I hear or read yet another political lie. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain that came from LOTSW — I know it isn't a common phrase in this region of the States.

Anyone ever use any lines from LOTSW in everyday real life conversation?

If I ever see flowers on a dinner table, I always have to say 'Who ordered salad?' (Compo, Uncle of the Bride, and he says something similar in another episode)

If I'm offered a drink, I have to say 'Yes, we've time for a drink' (Wally Batty in one episode, Compo in Getting Sam Home)

And if I'm doing a tricky job, most of Wesley's dialogue from the waste disposal installation in Jaws.

Which lines from which episodes do you find yourselves repeating?
He said it in Flower Power Cut too.

Back