Uncle of the Divorced

Stephen

I was watching Uncle of the Bride the other day and, during the stag night scene in the pub, Compo starts to talk about how he was advised to sue the Polish gentleman that ran off with his wife. He didn't, of course, due to the fact he could not spell his name; however, I was left wondering what precisely would have happened if he had have done (?).

I mean, for starters, if he had won, would he have received a substantial settlement for his case? Would this have meant he would have found someone else and, due to said settlement, moved away from Homlfirth? Would his friendship with Clegg, Blamire, etc., been hampered? Would he never have seen the adventures that we all love? Or would he simply have frittered said settlement away and been back in Holmfirth before Nora's next baking day?

And, more importantly than all this, is anyone going to offer to buy me a pint? * :18:

*Please note: the last question may not, necessarily, pertain to the previous questions. :rolleyes:

I think it's still a thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220417-212046_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220417-212046_Google.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 12
Great clip, Graham. As soon as he said the Three Ferrets I was waiting for Ivy to angrily say she had never been in there before and he must be thinking of someone else!

Stephen, I think Compo would have gotten another ferret or two and might have gotten a little plot of land in the Holmfirth hillside to make a zoo-like home for lost ferrets to play in. Might have bought a new hat for Norah as well as some new pair of 'wrinkle free' stockings. He may have even bought an extra round of pints for the guys as a treat. I think he like the area and his friends too much to leave.

Can you really see Compo with a new pair of wellies, mended trousers luxuriating on the French Riviera? Doubt he could venture too far for too long away from a good old pint of Yorkshire's best. :21:

If I was closer I would buy you a pint. :18:

Great clip, Graham. As soon as he said the Three Ferrets I was waiting for Ivy to angrily say she had never been in there before and he must be thinking of someone else!

Stephen, I think Compo would have gotten another ferret or two and might have gotten a little plot of land in the Holmfirth hillside to make a zoo-like home for lost ferrets to play in. Might have bought a new hat for Norah as well as some new pair of 'wrinkle free' stockings. He may have even bought an extra round of pints for the guys as a treat. I think he like the area and his friends too much to leave.

Can you really see Compo with a new pair of wellies, mended trousers luxuriating on the French Riviera? Doubt he could venture too far for too long away from a good old pint of Yorkshire's best. :21:

If I was closer I would buy you a pint. :18:

Cheers, RickAns! I would certainly buy you one back. :18:

Yes I think your scenario is certainly more likely than mine. I can't really imagine Compo straying too far from the delights of the Holmfirth tap and Nora Batty either. Lol

Actually, you got me thinking with the 'Nora hat thing' just how many times Compo has attempted to buy (or has bought) Nora a hat. I can think of 'The Dewhursts of Ogleby Hall' and 'What's Santa Bought For Nora Then?' but that's it at the moment. I'm sure there's more.

Back