Ultimate Party

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Imagaine you could hold a dinner party with anyone you like Living or dead from any Era who would you invite.My Ultimate party would be Special Guests would be the Cast of LOSTW with John Lennon providing the music and other guests would include Sir Winston Churchill for any political debate and Tommy Cooper for the Entertainment.Who would you invite there is no limit on guests. :)

Now I would have the Beatles for the music, the cast of LOSW & Mash,Elton could only come if he got rid of the wig along with Gandhi would be good to chat to

My mum and dad and two of my sisters who have all passed away.

Yes it would have to be my very much missed mam, just one more dinner to say all the thinks you wished you'd said and let her know how very much she's missed.

True and so true to invite people that have passed on. After they are gone you think of so mnay things you wished to have said when they were still around. I was going through a rough time a few years ago. Lots of stuff on my mind and my brain was twirlling around. During this time and I am not saying this as a joke but I had experiences with dead relatives. One was my father that when it happened I almost had a heart attach for sure.

I would invite my dead grandparents who I miss very much, and all my other friends, especially from here, and some actors from shows I have always liked, and even cartoon characters if possible. Well, I came quite near to having such a party already (Peter Sallis´ last year´s birthday party ;)).

True and so true to invite people that have passed on. After they are gone you think of so mnay things you wished to have said when they were still around. I was going through a rough time a few years ago. Lots of stuff on my mind and my brain was twirlling around. During this time and I am not saying this as a joke but I had experiences with dead relatives. One was my father that when it happened I almost had a heart attach for sure.

Compo, the mind is a very complected thing and can make you see and hear things that you wouldn't usually see and hear.

I would like to explain my father's experience I had, but I don't know if I am allowed in this forum. Nothing bad but a bit scary.

I know what you aree saying about the mind playing games on you etc. But this was so bad for me that I even went to my priest to discuss it.

I would like to explain my father's experience I had, but I don't know if I am allowed in this forum. Nothing bad but a bit scary.

I know what you aree saying about the mind playing games on you etc. But this was so bad for me that I even went to my priest to discuss it.

I´m curious, I´d like to hear it ;).

So would , you could PM those that would like to hear it?!
If you want to share it that is.

This can be a long story but I will try and make it short.

First a little about me and my father. We are both organized people and like to have life run smoothly. But it doesn't always doesn't always does it? My Dad was also a fanatic about telephones. He had to have one in every room. My Mum put her foot down about having one in the bathroom. LOL We joked with him about when he dies we will put one in his coffin.

On this certain day in question I was about to go on my afternoon shift. So I made a quick lunch and took it in front of the telly to see my favourite game show. After a short while my feet began to tremble really bad. out of control. Within seconds my hands and after my whole body. I shouted for my wife and son as I was really scared. I was alone and feeling that I had something serious. The telephone began to ring. I couldn't get up to answer. It rang over 20 times which is unusual as normally after some rings the phone cuts off. It kept ringing and I grabbed on the wall unit and managed to rise. Holding the unit and the wall I dragged myself to the next room. I grabbed a chair and sat and picked up the phone. It was the operator asking if I would except a collect call. (this is when someone you know is out in the street with no change and asks the operator to call you and the call would get charged to you.) There was a lot of static on the line. I asked her who it was and she said Eddie. We didn't know anyone by that name excpet for my Dad. My body got worse as I was sure it was him knowing how he liked telephones. I froze and as loudly said "Will you except this call?" I said no and hung up. Honest to God that when I hung up, that very second all the shaking and confusion on me went like magic. One minute I felt death and the next....... I cried like mad and uncontrolably. It was him for sure... If it wasn't him why would all the shaking etc go away???

Whoa, that sounds like a crazy dream! I wonder what would have happened if you had accepted, but I can understand that this would have been too much for your nerves :eek:. Thank you for sharing this. I´m one who can never decide whether she believes in such things or not.

Thank you Compo for sharing that, it sounds like a terrifying experience, I wonder what would have happened if you would have accepted the call?? Wow the mind boggles.

First of all **** it was not a dream as I was awake and it was midday.

Yes Susan I wonder what would have happened if i acceptd the call. Sometimes I wish and sometimes I wish I hadn't.

I was never a believer in such things. Not that I was against the subject but never thought these things really happen. But it was the Brain. Because when life got back to normal these things stopped happening..

Electrics and the afterlife seem to go together.When my father in law died we were given most of his record collection.Half way through a Jim Reeves tape was a silent patch . I played around with the volume etc and got ,not Jim Reeves but father in law singing " I Love you Because".We do not know to this day how it occurred but my wife and her family " freaked out" and I had to destroy the tape. Make of it what you will it was certainly odd! :-\

To keep it simple....if I would have to narrow it down to my two very favorite ever characters, it would be Truly and Clegg. I believe Sallis and Thornton are similar in age. I know in another thread there was so much talk of actors on the show not getting along in real life (Wilde and Boll Owen to be specific). A lot of this info is in Andrew Vine's book which I have not read, so I don't know about Thornton's real life demeanor.

So tell me folks, in reality Frank Thonton and Peter Sallis would genuinely get along and be good company in this dinner party.

Now as for the term "Ultimate Party"- I would have to go back 15 years where so many of Clarke's Actors would be alive and well. So have a time machine take me to roughly 1997 and bring in the cast members who ever starred in Summer Wine, Open All Hours, and Keeping Up Appearances. Obviously Clarke would be involved. I know that is before Truly got there but in a dream world; include him as well as Russ Abbott due to my recent liking for Hobbo.

The cuisine would not be fancy. Touching base with another thread it would be "All You Can Eat Fish and Chips" perhaps served with brew at the White Horse.

Wow, I´ve got goosebumps here...!

@ codfanglers:
Okay, I will do you the favour and tell you Peter Sallis and Frank Thornton do get on in real life ;). I don´t know how much, they are certainly not close friends, but they seem to get on. He was also present on Peter´s 90th birthday party, though I didn´t see them talk much, but mind you, there were too many people there.

Wow, I´ve got goosebumps here...!

@ codfanglers:
Okay, I will do you the favour and tell you Peter Sallis and Frank Thornton do get on in real life ;). I don´t know how much, they are certainly not close friends, but they seem to get on. He was also present on Peter´s 90th birthday party, though I didn´t see them talk much, but mind you, there were too many people there.

Alright I am "out of the loop" in some things here, but how do you know so much about Pater Sallis' 90th birthday?

Back