Typical

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I am due to go to Holmfirth Sunday and staying overnight, I have developed a nasty cold,which played havoc with me getting much sleep last night, with the cough, hot then cold,ache all over etc etc

Sorry to hear that Terry I hope it does not impair the visit . Some Yorkshire air might clear the sinuses failing that a few bottles of Black Sheep Riggwelter might help. :)

Sorry to hear that, Terry. Hope you are feeling better soon. Maybe captain's suggestion of fresh Yorkshire air and a medicinal drink will do the trick.

Oh dear what a shame hoping you recover at the eleventh hour and make the visit especially if you have booked to stay , would the threat of a visit from Pearl get you back on the road to an expedient recovery ?

Marina was instrumental in the miraculous curing of Goff Helliwell. Plus Nora was handy with the ear syringe and bandaging in her nurse's uniform. Or nurse Gladys Emmanuel for a cool hand on a fevered brow. Perhaps we could send them your way. Gosh, imagine Pearl, Marina, Nora and Gladys all fussing over ya at once. If that don't put the frighteners on what ails ya....

Well looks like a trip to the doc's tomorrow as my chest does not sound to good, never mind there is always another day

Well looks like a trip to the doc's tomorrow as my chest does not sound to good, never mind there is always another day
They are quoting a wait of at least 10 days to visit my GP.That is unless it's an absolute emergency and you are able to sit and wait for the duty doctor .:eyesroll:

Doc gave me antibiotics that I had never had before, plus off for chest x ray, the pills made me extremely sick 15 minutes after taking them, now waiting for him to call me back, oh the joys

Doc gave me antibiotics that I had never had before, plus off for chest x ray, the pills made me extremely sick 15 minutes after taking them, now waiting for him to call me back, oh the joys
Are they green?
Trust you get the flu in a heatwave. ( otherwise known around the world as Summer)

The Cipro/Levaquin family of drugs does that to me. Last time I had an illness for which nothing else was effective I had to have Levaquin by infusion daily for a full week. It turned out to be well worth the time spent in the infusion suite at the hospital. I hope your doctor comes up with either an antibiotic that works and that doesn't irritate your stomach or with an administration route that entirely avoids the digestive tract.

My old Dutch had same problem with Antibiotics but they gave her a tablet to stop the sickness so she could continue to take might be able to do the same for you Terry.

My GP has now changed the antibiotics for ones I have had before with no problems,so with luck I will be on the mend soon, off for x-ray this morning

Back