twonk and twallop

So, in the 60's:

Did Twallop mean lies, rubbish, complete bull, heresay, rumor

Did Twonk mean a derogitary term, roughly equivalent to idiot.
More insulting than berk, but less insulting that gimp.
A cross between a tw*t, plonker and w***er.

Never ever heard these outside SW, but then I'm over here and
you're over there.

Wow. There are some words here that I never expected to see on this message board. :)

It's interesting that berk is seen as being not too insulting considering the origin of that word! And I find it amusing that the word w***er appears in an episode of The Simpsons as the American makers didn't realize that it was an offensive term (that was complained about when the episode was broadcast in the U.K.).

I wonder whether twallop has any connection to codswallop as they have similar meanings.

Last edited:
Wow. There are some words here that I never expected to see on this message board. :)

It's interesting that berk is seen as being not too insulting considering the origin of that word! And I find it amusing that the word wanker appears in an episode of The Simpsons as the American makers didn't realize that it was an offensive term (that was complained about when the episode was broadcast in the U.K.).

I wonder whether twallop has any connection to codswallop as they have similar meanings.

Nicko, I need to ask you please remove the W**** word. We don't want to scare the horses.

Back