TV cookery shows

amos hames

Dedicated Member
We have lots of cooking shows on our tv screens.Which if you like them is your favourite show or your favourite tv chef.My favourites are the Hairy Bikers and James Martin.Who do you like

Barefoot Contessa is good. Rachel Allens shows are nice but her recipes don't always work. The Two Hungry Italians series were fab, anything with Delia Smith. Valentina Harris, Brian Turner, anyone really!

I used to like Mary Berry, but I'm showing my age now :)
Also Keith Floyd bless him :)

I like The Great British Bake Off. Yum! :)

Plus Saturday Kitchen, both great shows.

John

All the Floyd series

The Baker Boys

Saturday Kitchen

Two Hungry Italians

Hairy Bikers

Has anyone seen a show called cake boss its a us show about a guy called Buddy and his team who make these extrodinary cakes in different forms.Only seen a couple of episodes but was hooked straight away.

I think there are too many cookery programmes on at the moment, but I do enjoy the Hairy Bikers and Rick Stein and the late Keith Floyd.

I don't like Ramsey, Oliver,Smith, Rhodes

I like the Hairy Bikers and also enjoyed the One Man and His Camper Van that was on a while ago. ;)

Didn't the camper van break down? I enjoyed his shows. I think I like the Rick Stein programmes because he shows such beautiful places. Antonio Carluccio's Italian Feasts was the same. Never mind the recipes, (although they were delicious!) the scenery was outstanding. I love Italy, anyway, and have visited the country often, so the scenery is a wonderful reminder to me of great holidays and very good times.

Nici Wickes, who endeared herself to me when she said it is a waste of time making your own pastry as there are so many good ones in the freezer shop!
And also Delia Smith. I have her original, 'How to Cheat at Cooking' from the seventies, a great book. Both of these ladies are fun to watch and I never heard a swear word from either of them Most of the men are so pretentious they drive me mad.

Nici Wickes, who endeared herself to me when she said it is a waste of time making your own pastry as there are so many good ones in the freezer shop!
And also Delia Smith. I have her original, 'How to Cheat at Cooking' from the seventies, a great book. Both of these ladies are fun to watch and I never heard a swear word from either of them Most of the men are so pretentious they drive me mad.

I hear what your saying Ess, Why you need so much swearing in the kitchen is beyond me!! I find the calmer I am in the kitchen the better the meal. If was in such mood that I needed to swear I'd go to the chip shop !!

These chefs must be at Madame Tasseau or the London Museum... LOL

Back