Trevor Bannister Dies aged 76

Cor blimey, another one goes. Really sorry to hear that, I thought he was a good addition to the cast. There can only be Frank Thornton left now from the original cast of Being Served.

I am kind of in shock!

I adored him on "Are You Being Served?" He was just magic, epsecially with John Inman and Mollie Sugden. It's wonderful at least Frank Thornton and Nicolas Smith are still around. Bannister...he was something speicial. Made me laugh since I was too young to know what "sexy knickers" were.

I'm really going to miss him. :(

Indeed - sad that another actor has gone. His character as the golf captain was wonderful. I quite liked those who only appeared occasionally.

Just thought I'd mention it, for those who have watched Summer Wine on the public television station UNC-TV here in North Carolina I had been trying to watch for an In Memoriam screen for Trevor Bannister, maybe to take a screen cap of it. They did one for Brian Wilde and Mollie Sugden when they passed, wish I had done a screen cap for that but I was unsuspecting of it. They aired AYBS on Friday but no In Memoriam, and they didn't do one last night. So I sent a message to them asking if there would be done. Apparently they must not have known about it, but because of my inquiry they will be doing one. I'm hoping it will be on UNC-TV on Friday, but there are 4 versions of this channel. I will see if they do it on the MX channel during tonight's airing of it (but won't be able to screen cap it unless I set up the laptop with my usb capture card for the other tv. We'll see. Just wanted to give a heads up for those in the UNC-TV viewing area.

Back