Tractors

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hello everyone,
I started watching a show called Vintage Country Ways. Its a rural tractor/farming show narrated by an older gentleman name Eddie and is shown on stateside TV on the RFD channel. I was looking at their website and it looks like it is on Sky 212 & Freesat 401 over there. I love to watch the show not only for the old tractors but the very nice country side that is shown. I grew up on a farm and remember going to old tractor shows and such. We had many John Deere tractors and one Farmall.
My son (10) and I are looking for a project to do together and I thought fixing up an old tractor would be fun. We are currently looking for a small acreage tractor (Farmall cub or similar). Did any of you enjoy the farm life, if so what kind of tractors did you like or use?
Any thoughts on the show or old tractors?

I used to help on a farm when I was younger , I remember an old Fordson Major and a more modern David Brown but the years may be playing tricks so I may have to have a serious think for more. I do remember though a steam tractor that used to statically power the old threshing machine but was not used for anything else. A large drive belt came from it but it tended to shake itself off after a while.

In the neighboring "town" the high school had a "Tractor Day" where yes, you could drive your tractor to school and show it off to all your friends. For Real. ;D

Back