Top Gear

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hello!
What does everyone think about Top Gear? I was thinking about it the other day, 3 guys messing about, doing silly stuff ?????
Sounds familiar ???

it might sound familiar but i think its a rubbish program, i dont like clarkson so thats why i dont like it, if your a petrol head watch it but if your not its not going to be for you, hey im a bit of a petrol head and i dont like it, also when i was growing up it clashed with what i normally watched so that puts it even further down my list, not my cup of tea at all.

I think Top Gear is irresponsible clap trap, its like giving an instruction book to boy racers.

And I HATE Clarkson.

No, as ancient as I am, I do enjoy the occasional
Top Gear episode. They are good fun. Remember the
double-decker bus race???

And I especially love Jeremy Clarkson when he
hosts Have I Got News For You. He is very clever
and funny when he makes his societal jabs.

And I loved James May in Oz and James's Big
Wine Adventure.

Sorry, Didn't mean to stir up the pot. :)
cciaffone, I really did like the James and Oz adventure. I liked the wine special better than the beer one. I learned a lot about wine.

well a real mix of opinions there which doesnt surprise me,...i agree that j clarkeson is an arrogant buffoon at times, i just wonder how much is him and how much is his image which he plays upon...i was soured from him when allegedly he tried to fence off public access to the coastline across his property. I think the programme needs some refubishment too....are that many of us interested in supercars every episode, things most of us can never hope to have, seems to just feed the presenters ego"s, and the star in the car is worn out for me....having said that what is left is usually interesting and entertaining....the specials, though stage set i find very enjoyable.

i agree that j clarkeson is an arrogant buffoon at times, i just wonder how much is him and how much is his image which he plays upon...i was soured from him when allegedly he tried to fence off public access to the coastline across his property.

i can tell you its completely him and not just him playing up, a few years ago he was at a car convention in birmingham, he was smoking and blowing the smoke at this classic car, a friend of a friend of my dads was a security guard and asked him not to do it please, he gave a short answer which isnt repeatable on here, the security guard then went off to get the person who organized the convention who then went and talked to him, clarkson was like well im a celebrity i can do what i like, he was then talked to even more and really given a dressing down (putting it nicely) and he was miserable the rest of the day and didnt go back the next day when he was suppose to be there, to me that means its not just him playing up but his way in general

i agree that j clarkeson is an arrogant buffoon at times, i just wonder how much is him and how much is his image which he plays upon...i was soured from him when allegedly he tried to fence off public access to the coastline across his property.

i can tell you its completely him and not just him playing up, a few years ago he was at a car convention in birmingham, he was smoking and blowing the smoke at this classic car, a friend of a friend of my dads was a security guard and asked him not to do it please, he gave a short answer which isnt repeatable on here, the security guard then went off to get the person who organized the convention who then went and talked to him, clarkson was like well im a celebrity i can do what i like, he was then talked to even more and really given a dressing down (putting it nicely) and he was miserable the rest of the day and didnt go back the next day when he was suppose to be there, to me that means its not just him playing up but his way in general

Does not surprise me in the slightest.Cannot stomach the bloke and need a bucket every time I see that moron on the TV.Oh dear not like me to moan about someone but he just gets on my wick.

He does come across as a fairly unpleasant man, doesn't he? I'm glad I never watch anything with him in.

I have heard similar queries about JC although I find one of the other presenters, James May, somewhat better especially when he did a series on toys making a large Lego house and a Meccano bridge in Liverpool.

By the way the spell-check does not recognise 'Meccano' - guess what is the alternative offered?

I really like the show, and actually really like Jeremy and James's columns as well. Very funny. Jeremy seems like he probably is a jerk sometimes, but I think he would be fun at a dinner party. James reminds me of my dad, just wanting to figure things out and explain why something works.

You may see me as some darn stupid kid, but I love Top Gear. Clarkson is brilliant, but in particular I love James May - his hair, his theories, his spin-off shows, getting lost and being slow.

I regularly buy the Top Gear mag, I love his ratings and reviews, think JC is a great bloke. The trio are great together, I love the challenges, like the bus one and the one where they're all racing in police cars, hammonds one did a ice cream van siren, and the one where one is on the top and one on the bottom in the double decker cars race.

Have to admit to not watching it on TV lately, that is because it would ruin my prime time enjoyment with the computer.

Rock On, Top Gear !!

Back