Tony Capstick

so sombre and sad, yet elegant and nice... mix of cheers and tears. ;D :'(

you can hear every bit of his yorkshire accent.

Watched Happy Birthday Howard a short while ago , he was in the credits as 1st policeman yet he usually played second fiddle to Ken Kitson :D

****, you need to be in yorkshire for you to understand yourksheer dialect.

Imagine Tony being Ken's PC, and Ken being Tony's PC - It just wouldn;t work

Watched Happy Birthday Howard a short while ago , he was in the credits as 1st policeman yet he usually played second fiddle to Ken Kitson :D

According to IMDB, Ken Kitson did not get credited regularly as !st Policeman until Series #25 and "Jurassic No Parking". Prior to that it was a bit haphazard sometimes with both of them being designated "Policeman". Maybe in very early episodes in which they appeared, first who showed or first who spoke was specified as 1st Policemen. In this context, Tony Capstick's character playing second fiddle is maybe a wee bit irrelevant.

In the episode I mention Unc ,Ken Kitson is first to speak by asking Tony the question "Why Panda Cars??" ;)

In the episode I mention Unc ,Ken Kitson is first to speak by asking Tony the question "Why Panda Cars??" ;)

Well, it obviously was not order of speaking. Maybe order of appearance or simply haphazard. My main point was that how the characters interacted (Capstick's being less forceful a personality) was obviously irrelevant to how the credits were designated at the time.

Back