Tom's likeness to Bill

E

Eli Thingy

when Tom first arrived in 2000 did people actually see a resembleance 2 Bill or not? or was it later when you noticed it?

for me it was the last few series when tom had filled out a bit and got a bit greyer, that was when i saw the likeness to his dad, when he first arrived i didnt see it at all

To be honest, I never really saw it at all. Maybe it was the make up that hide it, Tom must look more like his mother.

Right away I had an eerie feeling when I saw Tom. He looked liked a younger Bill Owen.. No doubt about it....

I would never have guessed that he is Bill´s son either, I never found he resembled him. There were very few moments when I thought there was a resemblance in their voices though. I think I heard Compo say something once or twice and I thought this sounded much like his son, but only in these particular moments.

search "val doonican last of the summer wine" on youtube and watch it from 1.15 to 1.17 and u wil defo see the resemblance then

search "val doonican last of the summer wine" on youtube and watch it from 1.15 to 1.17 and u wil defo see the resemblance then

Only because I was looking for it. Struck me that Tom Owen and later Christopher Beeny looked remarkably similar.

He is like Compo, and I saw the likeness as soon as he turned up in his first episode. He is around the same size as Compo, plus he is well groomed. He tends to be less child like, but yes I can see the resemblance between the two characters.

Back