Today feels like a good day!

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm feeling quite upbeat today!

Not due to what's going on over the pond (as we don't do politics on this site :p ) But I'm very excited about this potential new Covid vaccine, which sounds very positive. Hopefully we can get back to visiting Holmfirth again and who know's we may even get a non virtual Summerwine.net anniversary soiree in the future!

Early days , we can see the Cavalry inc John Wayne on the distant Horizon , lets hope the testing continues on the right track . Mass Testing in Liverpool is under way and hopefully that will help identify people who has the virus and that encourages them to withdraw from meeting people and undertake the prescribed level of isolation. Realistically there is a long way to go ,unless people adhere to the rules that have been set whether you question their validity and the science behind them, then all that work will be in vein .

I understand that free speech in the UK is a right but those people who took to the streets to protest against lockdown at the weekend not socially distanced or masked surely cannot be countenanced in the bigger picture . If any of those people have the virus and are asymptomatic then they not only risk passing the virus on to others who attended but others also run the risk of catching it and passing it on perhaps to vulnerable people they meet or even in their family . How would they feel if their actions resulted in a loved one contracting the virus and dying . Nobody likes being told what to do , where they can go , but sometimes you just have to .

Last edited:
Back