Time on Your Hands

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering how many of us still wear a watch on a regular basis, young folk use their smart phones these days as their timepiece, retired folk no longer feel the need to clock watch anymore,so is the watch just a dress article these days when doing something special ?

I've never really worn a watch, I've had a phone for about 18 years or so.
Not sure how I told the time before then. I think I was to busy running round like a lunatic to know/care what the time was.

My dad still wears his watch but none of my kids wear one.

I've got a 'thing' for watches I must admit :-[ I have ten or twelve and I wear them all at different times. I have a few vintage Casio watches which are very collectable now, some changing hands (no pun intended) for decent money on EBay

i always wear a watch, don't feel right without one on, the only time I don't wear one is when im sleeping or washing

Myself I do not wear a watch. My husband always wears a watch. He is lost without wearing one also, like happyjack and Darren. My son is starting to be just like dad.

I wore a watch all day , everyday at work . Since retirement I don't bother except on high days and holidays. ;) ;D

Yes I often wear a watch as well. I have three really nice
old pocket watches, and several interesting old wrist
watches. But what do I wear?? A Timex digital stainless.
Ah well....

I have to have a watch,it gets very annoying hunting for your phone to see the time.

I would like to wear a watch but I have horrible luck with them. They are always breaking on me and I usually don't have the time (with my little kids around me at all times) or the money to fix them. So, I've given up on them.

Oh no, another thing that is rapidly gaining museum status. I still wear a watch.

I always like to have a watch - but for years at work always relied on a pocket watch as I always wore a waistcoat.

It really emphasises that someone is late if you studiously look at a pocket watch - can not just glance at it! :me: :me:

However on retirement from full time work I was persuaded to get a wrist watch: have three now. One is meant to be automatic and winds itself up as I move my arms about - I must not be very mobile, it has been known to stop mid afternoon! You can buy a seriously expensive version of this (it is a Rotary) which has a special pad on which to place it, this incorporates a motor to keep the watch moving. So I had the possibility of an automatic watch with a battery powered case to keep it wound up!! :( :( :(

The other snag with a wrist watch is that most of them are too chunky to fit under my double cuffed shirts. So I have an elegant solar powered one (Citizen Eco-power) but unless it gets a full twelve hours of sunshine a day that too can stop!!

So I occasionally forget as I am not used to wearing them on my wrist, and sometimes they stop!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Do not have a quartz one at all!

Just cannot conceive not having access to current time. Would just never consider not wearing a wrist watch. And when driving, clock is always a selection on control panel - much more important than outside temperature (which, in case of query, will always be flagged up if it drops to near freezing. And I am absolutely pedantic about time display being accurate.

My watch battery died about five years ago and I haven't worn one since.

Back
Top Bottom