Time on Your Hands

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering how many of us still wear a watch on a regular basis, young folk use their smart phones these days as their timepiece, retired folk no longer feel the need to clock watch anymore,so is the watch just a dress article these days when doing something special ?

I've never really worn a watch, I've had a phone for about 18 years or so.
Not sure how I told the time before then. I think I was to busy running round like a lunatic to know/care what the time was.

My dad still wears his watch but none of my kids wear one.

I've got a 'thing' for watches I must admit :-[ I have ten or twelve and I wear them all at different times. I have a few vintage Casio watches which are very collectable now, some changing hands (no pun intended) for decent money on EBay

i always wear a watch, don't feel right without one on, the only time I don't wear one is when im sleeping or washing

Myself I do not wear a watch. My husband always wears a watch. He is lost without wearing one also, like happyjack and Darren. My son is starting to be just like dad.

I wore a watch all day , everyday at work . Since retirement I don't bother except on high days and holidays. ;) ;D

Yes I often wear a watch as well. I have three really nice
old pocket watches, and several interesting old wrist
watches. But what do I wear?? A Timex digital stainless.
Ah well....

I would like to wear a watch but I have horrible luck with them. They are always breaking on me and I usually don't have the time (with my little kids around me at all times) or the money to fix them. So, I've given up on them.

I always like to have a watch - but for years at work always relied on a pocket watch as I always wore a waistcoat.

It really emphasises that someone is late if you studiously look at a pocket watch - can not just glance at it! :me: :me:

However on retirement from full time work I was persuaded to get a wrist watch: have three now. One is meant to be automatic and winds itself up as I move my arms about - I must not be very mobile, it has been known to stop mid afternoon! You can buy a seriously expensive version of this (it is a Rotary) which has a special pad on which to place it, this incorporates a motor to keep the watch moving. So I had the possibility of an automatic watch with a battery powered case to keep it wound up!! :( :( :(

The other snag with a wrist watch is that most of them are too chunky to fit under my double cuffed shirts. So I have an elegant solar powered one (Citizen Eco-power) but unless it gets a full twelve hours of sunshine a day that too can stop!!

So I occasionally forget as I am not used to wearing them on my wrist, and sometimes they stop!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Do not have a quartz one at all!

Just cannot conceive not having access to current time. Would just never consider not wearing a wrist watch. And when driving, clock is always a selection on control panel - much more important than outside temperature (which, in case of query, will always be flagged up if it drops to near freezing. And I am absolutely pedantic about time display being accurate.

Back