Thoughts on mint chocolates

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
Today I picked up a raffle prize I won on Saturday (dementia awareness event) and amongst the lovely goodies was a packet of mint chocolates.

Two things I noticed:

1) mint chocolates are always in plain chocolate never milk

2) there is no mint mentioned in the ingredients lists - presumably under flavouring which is not described as natural. So exactly what does it really taste of?

The list basically is sugar or similar, milk and cocoa mass and solids. Actually amazing how much variation one can get from these ingredients in the end product - chocolate. Or am I missing some thing?:37: :37: :37:

Chocolate is chocolate is chocolate is chocolate............ You can mix it with anything and its still chocolate, except coffee because that's just disgusting and cheese, that's wrong on so many levels. Why you want to analyse it is a mystery to me, you have free chocolate man just eat it!!!!! :hungry: However it you want it analysing sent it the address I'll PM you and I'll eat it ................... I mean analyse it for you. :me:

willy-wonka-alamo-drafthouse-houston.jpg

An early photo of Pearl second from the left front row ?

You can mix it with anything and its still chocolate, except coffee because that's just disgusting and cheese, that's wrong on so many levels.

And I just love coffee creams chocolate but then everyone is aware that I can do disgusting!

I am sure some cheese could be unearthed which goes well with chocolate. Must work on that one.

One combination of which I do not approve is chocolate with chilli.

And, returning to the original point, we do have to distinguish between mint (as used with lamb) and peppermint.

:14: :14: :14: :14:

I have mentioned on a previous thread but while at school woofing down your packed lunch to get out to play football was compulsory. As a direct result the food was always consumed together and some awful concoctions resulted however chocolate and cheese and onion crisps, to myself, was always a winner . I imagine since I last posted no one has tried the combination , I have to admit I have not since school I very rarely eat crisps and try to sparingly eat chocolate but please feel free to attempt.

I have mentioned on a previous thread but while at school woofing down your packed lunch to get out to play football was compulsory. As a direct result the food was always consumed together and some awful concoctions resulted however chocolate and cheese and onion crisps, to myself, was always a winner . I imagine since I last posted no one has tried the combination , I have to admit I have not since school I very rarely eat crisps and try to sparingly eat chocolate but please feel free to attempt.

I think I'll pass on that one Captain! :35:

I enjoy dark chocolate, around 70% cacao, with peppermint or strawberries or raspberries. Even as little sugar as that has to be a rare treat, though.

Marianna

I concur re dark chocolate and fruit . When I was in my late teens/early twenties I worked in a large bakery and to pass the time one of the many japes was to lock people in the big fridges for a short while [ like home fridge the light goes out] . Eventually they release you but very quickly you learn where the chocolate, fruit , cream and other goodies are and of course you have to sample it because you don't know how long you will be held captive . Prior to leaving I got really good at detecting what was where.

I concur re dark chocolate and fruit . When I was in my late teens/early twenties I worked in a large bakery and to pass the time one of the many japes was to lock people in the big fridges for a short while [ like home fridge the light goes out] . Eventually they release you but very quickly you learn where the chocolate, fruit , cream and other goodies are and of course you have to sample it because you don't know how long you will be held captive . Prior to leaving I got really good at detecting what was where.

They kept the chocolate in the fridge?

Thoughts on mint chocolate

Hello Pearl in essence they had to, the heat in Bakery with large ovens to bake bread , pies etc basically forced the issue and it had to be stored in a cool place . There would be blocks they would melt and mix with other ingredients to make icing for the likes of chocolate eclairs . They also had pre-formed chocolate decorations for all sorts of cakes . As well as fresh cream they had the synthetic cream for vanilla slices and the iced buns made up that was really nice with a few chocolate decorations and cherries they used for Black Forest Gateau. Happy days for everything than your weight but at that age you never bothered about that especially working in that environment .

LOL... so being locked in the fridge wasn't all bad eh? Too funny. ;D

Just sampled some dark chocolates filled with a chili and 'cool' coconut grenache. Remain not keen on the chili with chocolate.

Am one of those strange persons who find anything stronger than rice pudding or porridge a trial so chocolate with chilli in it would have me running a mile yeeeuuuck !!

And I just love coffee creams chocolate but then everyone is aware that I can do disgusting!

I am sure some cheese could be unearthed which goes well with chocolate. Must work on that one.

One combination of which I do not approve is chocolate with chilli.

And, returning to the original point, we do have to distinguish between mint (as used with lamb) and peppermint.

:14: :14: :14: :14:

In Cincinnati, Ohio there is a chili company who has their own recipe and a hershey chocolate bar is one of the ingredients!!! I agree, I do not eat chili with chocolate, but I have seen the recipe and it is in it!!!! Still like to keep the two separate:16:

Back