There Goes the Groom

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of questions I have asked myself after viewing this episode again, the groom chained himself to the give way signpost, where did he get the chains and padlock from, then the trio dig up the post,where did they get the shovel from?

I always was always under the impression that it was an archetypal stag do event, where he was put there by his fellow stags.

I tried to camouflage the saying as its not really Iced its A$£E , if you haven't see Father Ted then suggest you watch them Peri the clip is on You tube if you want to look at it.

I tried to camouflage the saying as its not really Iced its A$£E , if you haven't see Father Ted then suggest you watch them Peri the clip is on You tube if you want to look at it.
Thanks Captain. We have watched a couple of Father Ted episodes but we did not like it. Our favourite comedy show was 'As Time Goes By'. That was a very funny programme that did not require any silly faces or falling about. It was just straight forward acting with brilliant humorous story lines. Sometimes for a laugh I will take a look in the mirror. By that I mean the reflective mirror and not the one made out of paper. :confused2:

Sorry to hear you didn't like Ted its one of my favourites but everyone has different tastes thankfully . Frank Kelly who played Father Jack was a classically trained actor who spent years learning his craft and for most of FT he was sat in a chair uttering four words " Drink, Fe£% , A£$e , Girls" . The two writers Graham Linehan and Arthur Matthews were extremely embarrassed to have to ask this classically trained actor to do that but in the end the show was so successful and Frank Kelly became an International icon .

He was and whilst it was great to see the Count on TV [ I have the DVD's] I thought Steve Delaney as sole writer [and playing the Count] , having listened and owning the Radio shows on CD, the show was far superior to when Graham Linehan assisted . At times it seemed to me that Count Arthur was secondary whereas when the show was on radio it's all about him with the others like Jerry , Sally, Malcolm coming in with some great lines and scenes but clearly Arthur is the star . On TV the Rory Kinnear character Michael seemed to have equal billing . I hope against hope Count Arthur returns to radio imminently.

Back