Theme music used in the series

I still think its part of the Dambusters march.The part we hear in Crums happens about 48secs into the "march".

Hector

I still think its part of the Dambusters march.The part we hear in Crums happens about 48secs into the "march".

Hector

Still cannot recognise Dambusters from admittedly a very short clip with a lot of dialogue over the top. Mind, Dambusters would be wrong. Seymour boasts about shooting down x enemy aircraft making him a fighter pilot. Dambusters were bombers.

On many occasions music from other TV shows or films have been blended into an episode, a typical one was in "Why does Norman Clegg buy Ladies Elastic Stockings" we hear a hint of the Dallas theme tune, what other episode and theme tunes can you clever forum members add to this topic
Terry

Loved this today in this episode on G.O.L.D.

Was highly amused when I came to post this. After my minor "bleat" of the other day I very carefully searched for a topic heading on which to post this to avoid opening up a new topic. What do I get when I hit "Quote" to reply on this existing thread?

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."[/font]

Big Unc - you can not win! ::) ::) ::)

And did you realise that the suggested spelling for Unc includes uncut, uni and enc. What is an 'enc'?

What is an 'enc'?

ENC may refer to:
The Eastern Nazarene College, a college of the liberal arts and sciences located in Quincy, Massachusetts
Eastern North Carolina, the eastern third, the coastal plains, of the state of North Carolina
The effective number of codons, a measure to study codon usage biases in genes
An electronic navigational chart, a database for use with an electronic chart display and information system (ECDIS)
A European Nations' Cup, one of three competitions in either field hockey or rugby
Equivalent Noise Charge, the number of electrons one would have to collect from a silicon sensor in order to create a signal equivalent to the noise of this sensor.
The ENC Network, a PhD and Masters training network of seven European Neuroscience Centers
An external node classifier used with Puppet_(software) configuration management software is an executable that can be queried and return information on hosts to be managed.

In Uncle of the Bride, when Compo squared up to Seymour, I am sure I heard the fight tune from 'The Quiet Man'.

When they took the trip to beach at Scarborough, they played a few notes of "Do You Know the Way to Scarborough Fair?" as they perused funny beachy postcards.

I find the postcard bit hilarious because funny beach postcards have long been reportably been printed in Holmfirth. So that's like bringing coals to Newcastle.

I know there are several threads talking about music from our show and Ronnie Hazelhurst's incidental music but I have just watched the first part of a Series on BBC 4 presented by the incomparable Neil Brand [ the man is such an accomplished musician] . If anyone wants a nostalgic trip down memory lane then please watch this show [The Sound of TV with Neil Brand] , It is on BBC IPlayer [2nd part is tonight on BBC4 if you want to watch "live" ] . I really loved the show took me back to my childhood and also brought memories from many TV shows I have watched over the years . IF you watch it I hope it evokes memories for you to. :)

Back