Theme music used in the series

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
On many occasions music from other TV shows or films have been blended into an episode, a typical one was in "Why does Norman Clegg buy Ladies Elastic Stockings" we hear a hint of the Dallas theme tune, what other episode and theme tunes can you clever forum members add to this topic
Terry

Raindrops keep falling on my head" when Sid rides the bike in Forked Lightning.

:D Somebody will correct me probably but I seem to remember the theme from "My chariots on fire!!" at times when Compo has been doing his running. ;D

Laurel and Hardy´s tune in that episode where Stan Laurel´s daughter leaves the cafe, I keep forgetting the title.

Laurel and Hardy´s tune in that episode where Stan Laurel´s daughter leaves the cafe, I keep forgetting the title.

I must have missed that one, Stan Laurels daughter. If you remember the episode I've to watch out for it. :)

There was also the music from," The Great Escape" in "Set The People Free" when our heroic trio try to rescue Wally with a rubber dinghy. ;D

Hector

On many occasions music from other TV shows or films have been blended into an episode, a typical one was in "Why does Norman Clegg buy Ladies Elastic Stockings" we hear a hint of the Dallas theme tune, what other episode and theme tunes can you clever forum members add to this topic
Terry
The Dallas people sued over that

Yes I think they threatened to sue, silly really it was only a few bars. I thought all the music was exellent and none intrusive like some shows.

Didnt they also use the Blue Peter theme when the presenter guested as Crushers girlfriend in "Crums"

Didnt they also use the Blue Peter theme when the presenter guested as Crushers girlfriend in "Crums"

A very brief clip but what I have tried to decypher is RAF film type theme tune immediately prior to switching to the Blue Peter hornpipe.

Back