The women who carried out Yorkshire funny stuff...

mashibinbin

Dedicated Member
There were odd occasions when the ladies joined in the mainly male orientated childish escapades. Here's a few to start us off, please add as you go...

Ivy moving Sam's body ready for the funeral after Sid admitted all. [Prompting a wonderful Clegg hug!]

Glenda sliding down a hill.

Nora giving Compo a friendly dance in in her Cabaret outfit.

I thought it great seeing Glenda's inner child in sliding down the hill !

Glenda also did some 'speed demon' driving in an episode I cannot think of at the moment. Possibly the one where Billy tears his pants and looks like he is wearing a skirt in the back of Entwhistle's truck after visiting some tough guy?

I liked it when Pearl and Roz led Howard and Smiler on some subterfuge into thinking the ladies got on the bus when they really hid behind a wall.

Glenda sneaking about in hat and cloak to follow Barry.

The ladies taking their lives in their hands by riding in the car with Edie.

My favorite is when Ivy and Nora lure Compo into the cafe kitchen and relieve him of his trousers in "And a Dewhurst Up a Fir Tree."

Glenda also did some 'speed demon' driving in an episode I cannot think of at the moment. Possibly the one where Billy tears his pants and looks like he is wearing a skirt in the back of Entwhistle's truck after visiting some tough guy?
Good one. That was "The McDonaghs of Jamieson Street." At least that's the one where she was driving the car. It was a different episode where she drove a different vehicle - but I'll leave that for Dick to mention.

And -- let us not forget that in the early shows when they were out on the Moors that in between takes, that the women had the choice of sitting on stone walls, sometimes under umbrellas or in cars, while the (AHEM) men could duck into a nice warm caravan.

Back