The Very Last episode

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Well I am saddened to say it has been and gone,what did we all think as we wave a last goodbye,my only consolation is I spotted myself in the back room of the pub on 3 or 4 occasion chatting with my granddaughter, it was clever how they Glued Cleggy & Truly into the scenes

It WAS good to see Clegg and Truly in there more than one time. I think I saw you in the background on two occasions, Terry. I enjoyed the bit where Glenda was talking to Morton about Myra and then asked Barry to go check on the pot. The ending scene with Cooper and Walsh and their trousers was brilliant.

/cheers

Loved the final show, it was fantastic, can't believe it's all over. I REALLY missed seeing Ivy though - I noticed she wasn't in episode one either. And where was Nelly?

Cooper and Walsh always crack me up - it's a shame it's all over especially because of the potential to develop the 'younger' characters. Saw Roy Clarke interviewed on Songs of Praise, and I realise he's getting on now too, so that plays a big factor in the series coming to an end.

I'm still very sad about it finishing, even though we have all the repeats to cherish.
Do you think there's ANY possibility of the 3D idea (Juliette Kaplan mentioned something on her website), can anyone give any details of what that's all about?

No Ivy either , which I found sad seeing as Jane Freeman was in it from the start.

It was wonderful and had me crying with laughter, but despite what Roy Clarke saying he supspected it was going to end it still had the feel that he wrote that as if the series would be back.

I shall neber forgive the BBC for the shoddy way they have treat the show.

yes a good episode, but it is still crying out for a proper farewell programme be it a final episode or a documentary type programme as a proper respect to the writer, cast, producers, and backroom players over the last 37 years

I tricked myself, I have just found it on the internet and watched it right away this morning because it scarcely ever happens I start crying right after getting up ;). And it worked. That was a great episode, now that I have seen this I want them to go on more than ever. I loved how often they put Cleggy and Truly in (the way they always should have been in my opinion) and how they all worked together. The smoking bus reminded me of Glenda´s and Barry´s wedding when Seymour entered the show and I thought of Wesley when this thing came round the corner. And Cleggy and his moth balls, that has been a running gag for decades :D. "I wish you hadn´t said that, I´m going to feel de-li-cious now......" LOL! A typical Cleggy line at last. And the trouserless policemen, lol! Really, this episode was great and I wish they would go on like that...
Oh, I forgot to mention Ivy. She really should have been in it, what a shame! Why couldn´t she just join the rest of the ladies? That´s strange!

Yes, it was a shame Ivy wasn't featured in the last episode but i'm sure there were reasons for this and we may eventually find out why.

To be honest, i wasn't home when it was broadcast, so i watched it this morning on iplayer but it seemed to be over fairly quickly, so i'll watch it again this evening.

Oh well, there we go then, it's happened.
We still have many years of watching the programmes on DVD, so i myself will watch them with fondness and remember the 26 years that i have been watching it and be assured that i can have my "Summer wine" fix, whenever i wish.

Not sure how i feel really.

G ; (

I feel like somebody who has lost a dear friend, but at least I can look back on th happy times on my DV D.
I know that sounds a bit mushy, but it's just exactly how I feel.

:'(

Even I feel "mushy"... Having only known it for 2 years, not even having it on German TV... :'(

Never mind ****, at least we have the DVD'S to remind us of what a great show this has been for all those many years, plus of course we have Summerwine.net to keep us in touch with each other.
Just because the programme has ended, it doesn't mean that we just pack our bags and leave, there are many ways that we can keep the memory of Summer wine, the cast and crew alive, right here on this brilliant forum, thanks to Terry; )

Once we have come to terms with the awful and unwarranted ending to a much loved programme, then we will surely find different ways of keeping the show alive in our hearts, for many more years.

G ; )

The Pub scenes were shot on August 30th 2009, the night scene in "Look who's wheels come off" was Sept 10th 2009
Terry

It was a good episode, but there is absolutely no way that it should be allowed to be the final episode, no way should that be the way to round it off after 37 years. The BBC should be ashamed of themselves if they do. I enjoyed the last series, but it wasn't certainly written as if it was going to be the last ever series in the mind of Roy Clarke. That was written by a man who was still developing a few little bits and had made Howard the focus of the series and wasn't thinking of tying up loose ends.
I'd give the series 7.5/10, enough to merit another one, which wont happen, but to not give it an Xmas or New Year special to put it to rest properly would be absolutely criminal, it should end like that.

I thought the last episode was fantastic, shame about not seeing Ivy. The whole series was good. watching LOTSW for me as a quite young man is much more refreshing and wholeheartedly pleasing because you get great laughs and no bad language. i would like to wish all the cast and staff that worked on LOTSW, all the best for the future, also to the departed god bless.

Back