The Time Machine

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
OK. So you've built a time machine. What is your destination. Which era. Historical period. Witness a major event. Stopped something than changed the course of history. Thoughts please

Any Dwarfers will remember the episode where they discuss which period of time they want to go back to , the tag line being Kryten's wish to go back to last Tuesday when he does the laundry boy we won't see those times again . For me Art Deco era such style.

1984/1985 !!!!...Brilliant music [including Live Aid...which I attended !!!].....brilliant fashion [the start of the football casual movement.....Fila,Tacchini,Ellesse,Lacoste,Cerrutti etc...] AND EVERTON BEING ABSOLUTELY THE BEST TEAM IN EUROPE !!! WITH NO POINTS DEDUCTIONS.....in the days when the working man enjoyed going to the match to watch proper football in grounds with real atmospheres !!!!!.
Rant over.....thanks for reading !!!.
Keith.
X!.

Maltrab !!!...I am going to have to bring it up again coz you have mentioned The Beatles !!!....Ringo Starr's mum [Elsie] used to babysit me !!!..[she was good mates with my nan !!!]......sorry everyone !!!!.....but blame him for mentioning "The Fab Four" !!!!!.
XXXXX !!!!!.
Wow that's a cool story .

1984/1985 !!!!...Brilliant music [including Live Aid...which I attended !!!].....brilliant fashion [the start of the football casual movement.....Fila,Tacchini,Ellesse,Lacoste,Cerrutti etc...] AND EVERTON BEING ABSOLUTELY THE BEST TEAM IN EUROPE !!! WITH NO POINTS DEDUCTIONS.....in the days when the working man enjoyed going to the match to watch proper football in grounds with real atmospheres !!!!!.
Rant over.....thanks for reading !!!.
Keith.
X!.
Yes this season has been a bit hard for the Toffees I must admit.

On a personal level similar to Amos and go back to April 2017 or before and see my beloved dad again.

On a historical level it would be either enjoying a real medieval banquet or a brief snatch of the 20s before the Wall st crash and the level of partying in Berlin.

On a tv/film level getting the chance to watch the Carry ons and a multitude of tv shows being filmed including one little number about three middle age societal cast outs and their misadventures.

I'd also like to see the construction of Stonehenge How they actually got the Rocks in the position that they are. Also how they were transported there .

I'd also go back to 27/5/23 and enjoy the 50 Golden Summers celebrations again in Holmfirth. Glorious weather, great company of fellow LOTSW fanatics and some brilliant events......

hard for the Toffees

Speaking of hard toffees allegedly the Asian sub continent prefer their Cadbury's Chocolate Eclairs to be quite hard and we in this Country a bit softer . A few years back my "old Dutch" bought some from a well known pound outlet and they were the type that were originally destined for export to India first sweet took out two fillings followed by a visit to the Dentist to get the teeth repaired which she was annoyed about tried to claim from the company got an apology , the refund for the toffees and a £5 voucher as a gesture but that was it much to her consternation. Every celebration post the incident we always made sure the presents included at least one bag of Chocolate Eclairs.

I have no idea if that is true regarding the Toffee consistency but I can only assume it is.

Back