The Summerwine.net music thread

Mr Beck toured the UK this year came to Newcastle with his sidekick Johnny Depp and caused pandemonium on the Quayside when they visited the Bridge Tavern pub where this picture was taken . Sadly all the clamour was over Depp not Jeff Beck probably one of the greatest guitarists ever. For publicity they dragged rising star Sam Fender who is from North Shields along he is front left in the photo . Depp went on stage with Beck at his gig at the Sage across the river my friend went and said he spoilt the show .

6cbde836-cbb2-491a-bb18-84096a3f380f.jpg

I agree!
Jeff Beck really is one of the best lead guitarists of rock n roll history
I think he’s only number five on the rolling stone magazine list, but in my books he maybe two or three

By the way I like Inky Batty’s taste of rock
That manly man must know his rock history too

Last edited:
I agree!
Jeff Beck really is one of the best lead guitarists of rock n roll history
I think he’s only number five on the rolling stone magazine list, but in my books he maybe two or three

By the way I like Inky Batty’s taste of rock
She must know her rock history too
She? SHE?
I must be missing something, either figuratively or actually!

Sorry I assumed you were a gal because the name Batty conjured images of gals with baggy stockings
My bad
Please forgive me

Last edited:
They are on tour again and judging by the look of them now and by the material, it will be the last.
I have to say, they were on of my favourite bands growing up and this was in my top 5 of their songs.

Another iconic 80's band who are touring again and have released what is probably a final album, after the sad death of Andy Fletcher.

They are on tour again and judging by the look of them now and by the material, it will be the last.
I have to say, they were on of my favourite bands growing up and this was in my top 5 of their songs.
I had a few Cure records growing up, mainly the first couple of singles and lp’s but never classed myself as a fan although I have seen them live at Glastonbury.
Scroll forwards 40 years and I could watch them play a 3 hour set and know every song. Great musicians.

Soon be time for the Damned Damned Damned reunion tour. Hopefully Rat and the Captain can get on to get through the few dates!!
Indeed mate!
My vintage AIWA stack stereo is out o comission currently, so I took my Damned 7" collection round to my Dad's last weekend and played them through and it was a rare treat.
Stretcher Case limited Edition 7".
Love Song on various colours and with the cover variants.
Dave Vanian was always cool.

Back