The Summerwine.net music thread

imitation700mb

Dedicated Member
Does anyone remember those quite naff end of term school discos we all used to have in the 80s and 90s? A few songs that always turned up every year at ours were "The Birdie Song", "Agadoo", "I am the Music Man", "The Conga" and the one I thought was the worst, that ALWAYS turned up, was this:

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
I went to see Wishbone Ash nearly 50 years ago and the support band were Stackridge [you couldn't get a bigger contrast] . Most people were still in the venue bars but on a rare occasion for me I decided to watch the support boy was I glad I did . There debut album is still way up there in my top 10 and I play it regularly so I am adding a song from their debut album with added bonus that it comes with an animated film produced by some Children.

Inky Batty

Dedicated Member
Have to say, any fan of Neil Young and Devo is a friend of mine. Are you a Misfits fan Ferret? Captain Beefheart? Dead Kennedys?

ferret

Dedicated Member
Have to say, any fan of Neil Young and Devo is a friend of mine. Are you a Misfits fan Ferret? Captain Beefheart? Dead Kennedys?
Dead Kennedy’s i like. I must admit to not being a fan of the Misfits but then again i haven’t really given them much of a listen. I like a bit of an eclectic mix these days but always fall back on the groups i used to go and see... Clash/ Damned/ Stranglers/PIL/DEVO/Morrissey/ Mighty Wah/Beat/Specials/Ruts. I still go to the occasional gig but usually go to little festivals. I have seen the reformed Damned, Ruts, UK Subs, Specials recently. It’s probably not going to happen here in the UK but I would love to see DEVO again. I saw the footage from their gig in the USA last year and it looked great.