The Summer Wine Film thread

Inky Batty

Dedicated Member
I did a search a cursory search and nothing came up as a result.
So...
If it's not been done before...
IF you've been to the Cinema recently, or seen a grand film that you think others would enjoy, post it here, if you fancy doing a review, all the better.
If you've revisited an old film, it brought back memories, or it was better than you remembered, let us all know.
Obviously we all have different tastes, some prefer thrillers, comedies, biopics etc.

Last visit to the Cinema was to see Ghostbusters Afterlife.
I have to say, I massively enjoyed it. The kids in it were brilliant, it was an homage in parts to the original and the remaining actors appeared and overall it was MUCH better than I was expecting. My mate from next door had been away on Boot Camp, trying to get his life back in order, he had the Friday off, came back and I said "You know what mate, let's go to the Odeon, my treat".
It had elements of The Lost Boys to it, which is a film that I also really like.

I went to see The Electrical World of Louis Wain last week, I didn't really rate it to be honest. I know it's based on a true story but I found it very cliched and predictable probably a miss from me sadly.

You talking about the mid 1980's movie The Lost Boys , Inky? Wow, that is going back a ways. Cult classic and a fav of mine. Did not think about it making it's way over to your side of the pond. Glad ya liked.

I have many many favourites an awful lot are comedy films I own all of Jacques Tati films on DVD but I just love the way Mon Uncle is shot . Any slapstick film I would buy tomorrow . I love all of the Mel Brooks films though some are clearly not considered PC now . If I had to pick two films of a comedy genre then it would have to be Tough Guys with Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster and Eli Wallach and Stir Crazy with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder watched it with my late Father in Law and I thought I'd have to call an ambulance for him he was just in absolute hysterics . Aside all the wonderful old Ealing comedies I would give a shout out for Funny Bones with Jerry Lewis and Lee Evans.

My favorite movie of all time is The Man Who Would be King (Michael Caine, Sean Connery, Dir. John Huston) I saw it first as a child and it stuck with me ever since.

Back