The Star Cars

amos hames

Dedicated Member
I wonder what happened to the vehicles used in the series when it ended. Entwhistle's truck for instance was still around at the end. What happened to edies car or Wesleys land rover. I wonder if any have ended up in motor museums. Would be interesting to find out.

Amos,

Given their age imagine some were scrapped some may have survived (I am sure a few months back someone posted a response in a thread about the vehicles used, apologies but I cannot remember the thread or the person who posted ) . The Handcart(s) ( must have had more than 1) were probably firewood . I wonder if Jean Fergusson and Robert Fyfe kept their bikes as a souvenir as they spent so much time on them .

Marinas bike was sold last year. Can`t remember where though.

Looked it up glad I did , it confirmed that Jean Fergusson had indeed kept the bike from the original early series after the BBC replaced it with a more modern one . The cast had signed it and although Jean was sad to let it go she said it would be nice for a fan t enjoy owning it . It appears it was sold to an unnamed overseas buyer for £500. It was auctioned in Lincoln .

Looked it up glad I did , it confirmed that Jean Fergusson had indeed kept the bike from the original early series after the BBC replaced it with a more modern one . The cast had signed it and although Jean was sad to let it go she said it would be nice for a fan t enjoy owning it . It appears it was sold to an unnamed overseas buyer for £500. It was auctioned in Lincoln .

Its a shame that a lot of our memorabilia goes overseas where the people who care about them the most cannot get to see or appreciate them. I think most of Foggys costumes went the same way. Shame.:(

I watched Oh Shut Up and Eat Your Choc Ice tonight and thought if anyone bought Edie and Wesley 's 3 wheeler

The BBC never directly owned any of the cars from what I've read and what has been mentioned in previous threads. Instead they contracted for them through an outside company that provides vehicles for TV and movie productions. That company kept some of the vehicles for several years to provide series to series continuity, such as Edies red car and Wesleys later Land Rover. However, there is no continuity in other cases. In his early appearances Wesleys Land Rover kept changing. Roz always seemed to have a different car. And in the mid 2000s Barry and Glenda's car kept changing color.

As to their fate, I know someone in an earlier thread said Wesleys Land Rover was scrapped at some point after Gordon Wharmbys death.

Back