The Sets

As far as I am aware most of it was destroyed, it was offered to Holmfirth and they found a place to put it above Lodges as a exhibition, but the timeframe was very short and transport could not be found it time, as several large vehicles were needed to collect it, the BBC stated if not collected it would all go to scrap.
I think at the time the BBC's loathing of the show was if nothing is left then there is no chance of a come back or even a final special, the claim was under 6 million viewers was not worth their efforts to make anymore, now their major soap is struggling to reach half those figures

I think at the end of each series. the sets were destroyed.

This was to save money on storage, and create new employment the following year to rebuild them from scratch.

Don't know if any keen fans ever rescued any sets...

This was to save money on storage, and create new employment the following year to rebuild them from scratch.

I wonder if it differed for different series because Doctor Who used certain bits of the sets for ages before they replaced them

a bit of an aside this place looks fascinating and represents the history of Vegas . I wonder if any of the members has visited it.

So that's why the Café looked slightly different season to season. It gradually went from seedy to a more modern décor.

So that's why the Café looked slightly different season to season. It gradually went from seedy to a more modern décor.

Well, it was part of the storyline in Series Six that the cafe was re-decorated, which went from the dirty, seedy look to the clean modern look.

But throughout the 38 years of the programme's run, the cafe had subtle differences from each series, such as doors and walls in different places - if you look very carefully.

Back