The Secret Birthday

Sarkus

Dedicated Member
I watched The Secret Birthday of Norman Clegg episode last night and it really resonated with me. My own birthday is later this week and it has been organized into an event well beyond my wishes. Last year I allowed my mother to organize my birthday as it was a milestone year and it had been several years since I'd lived close enough for my parents to celebrate my birthday in person.

I had hoped for a much quieter passing this year. All I wanted was to have meal of my choice and then sit down and watch the start of the NFL season. But before I could make my wishes clear a get together had already been organized. I will get to watch the game, but first I have to get through the party I didn't want. I feel more and more like Cleggy every year!

My husband is Irish and from a large family who celebrate every flaming thing with a party, I hate parties! I don't mind the kids parties but adult ones are so boring for me. I let my husband plan my 21 but that was enough for me, since then I've planned all my own milestone birthdays and have managed to get to 52 with no more parties. I usually plan something that involves doing something I've never done before or going somewhere I've never been before and usually have a great time. Life to short to do stuff you don't like. Happy birthday in advance :)

Agree about parties I find them boring much prefer a small gathering of real friends and a pizza and good companionship ,although I did organise my lovely wifes sixtieth with everybody coming round whilst taking her for a ride round.She did enjoy it mark you in our small house thirty odd people was a squeeze our dog wasn't sure what was going on but he did have lots of tit bits!

Your penchant for parties is eradicated at a very early age when you never get the gift in pass the parcel despite doing most of the work ripping off the paper and when you have won pin the tail on the donkey hands down when the tail falls out at the last minute. The least said about Postman's knock the better.

Back