The Plank

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
I watched 'Getting on Sydney`s Wire' yesterday and I think the plank scene has to be one of John Comer`s finest moments, just so funny when the plank bends down to the floor with Sid on and Foggy sitting on the end.
I often wonder how difficult it was for him working on 'Getting Sam home' apart from the filming,not being able to properly converse with fellow actors and crew who he had worked with for so long.
Lord rest you big man,you were called all too soon.

I watched 'Getting on Sydney`s Wire' yesterday and I think the plank scene has to be one of John Comer`s finest moments, just so funny when the plank bends down to the floor with Sid on and Foggy sitting on the end.
I often wonder how difficult it was for him working on 'Getting Sam home' apart from the filming,not being able to properly converse with fellow actors and crew who he had worked with for so long.
HEAR HEAR!! :'(

One of my favourite Sid episodes that one. :)

There is one thing about that scene that always irritates me a bit, and that´s Foggy saying they need a thicker plank. What rubbish, they need a support in the middle, that´s what they need, so that it can´t bend. Does anyone else think the same thing? I always do.

Someone who knew John Comer told me he was the nicest bloke you could ever wish to meet.

Someone who knew John Comer told me he was the nicest bloke you could ever wish to meet.
I could well believe that George,sometimes you get a feel for a person even through their acting and tell what they are like in person. If someone had told me he was not a nice guy I would not have believed it anyway!

The plank scene was certainly a real gem ;D.I always enjoy watching both Sid and Wally,two excellent and enjoyable characters and i wish we could have seen more of them.

Hector

Back