The perfect come back

George

Super Moderator
We've all been in that situation when something is said but you don't think of the perfect reply until hours later.
There are times however,when that reply comes straight away and it is such a great moment you want to share it.
Are there any examples from forum members?
I'll start the ball rolling with a conversation I had with my wife a few years ago;
Me "That bird singing in the garden is getting on my nerves"
Ade "I can't hear it"
Me "Well you need your ears seeing to"
Ade "Why? I'll be able to hear it then and it'll get on my nerves too"

We've all been in that situation when something is said but you don't think of the perfect reply until hours later.
There are times however,when that reply comes straight away and it is such a great moment you want to share it.
Are there any examples from forum members?
I'll start the ball rolling with a conversation I had with my wife a few years ago;
Me "That bird singing in the garden is getting on my nerves"
Ade "I can't hear it"
Me "Well you need your ears seeing to"
Ade "Why? I'll be able to hear it then and it'll get on my nerves too"

:D :D :D :D :D

Good one George. Slightly different, but I have just moved into the spare room and into the single bed which it holds. Himself is still in the main bedroom and in a double bed. I said the the only worry was the if our friend came to stay she and I would need to toss as to which of us would move in with him. He came back with, 'well there is plenty of room, but whoever it is will need to keep their hands to themselves'!!

As if.

I was taking photo's of the Morpeth Town players for the match programme when the goalkeeper asked if I'd got his good side."Sorry" I replied "You were facing the camera"

Good one George. Slightly different, but I have just moved into the spare room and into the single bed which it holds. Himself is still in the main bedroom and in a double bed. I said the the only worry was the if our friend came to stay she and I would need to toss as to which of us would move in with him. He came back with, 'well there is plenty of room, but whoever it is will need to keep their hands to themselves'!!

As if.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Here is a Cleggy one for you ;D!
My mother got a new pair of boots for me a few weeks ago, they were horribly expensive before, but they had knocked off more than half of the price, but they were still expensive and look really grand. I usually never buy such things, I always save up, but these were fantastic and my mother said they´ll be an early birthday present.
I was so thrilled, and I described them to Peter and was looking for a fitting word, like "grand" or something, I was a bit overwhelmed with joy, and said:

"I feel so, ohh, I feel so..."- "Posh?!?", said he!

This has always a bit of an arrogant touch to me, the word "posh", so I thought, serves me right, he hit the nail on the head as always, and I got a laughing flash :D :D :D.

Back