The Names Bond... James Bond.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
If The rumars are true and Idris Elba is going to be the next James Bond I just might start watching them again. Daniel Craig was a bit pants, his heart isn't in it and he's not enjoying it, which really shows up on screen.
And while I'm on the subject it would be nice to have the stories go back to the way they were, we don't need to have everything exploding dramatically all over the place. Today's movies leave nothing to the imagination it has to be blown up in your face, films like that have less of a story line. So bring on Idris Elba and bring back a story line. Have to say I know I'm showing my age but Sean Connery was and always will be the best one.

I agree that modern movies are as weak as a cup of tea made with a 10yr old used teabag..
... but this seems like desperation by the PC people to flog a dead horse...

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking of Daniel Craig !!!!......he is from Heswall on the Wirral......and our cleaner here at the docks used to go out with him !!!!..[SWIT-SWOO !!!].....she said he was only young and that he was not the swim short wearing hunk that he is now...he was skinny and spotty !!!...[mind you....weren't we all ???}
His mum used to have a pub called "The Ring'O'Bells" in Frodsham...I was told she still owned it......so off I went.....into deepest Cheshire to find the pub.....whilst having a Guinness in the beer garden an elderly lady was collecting the glasses and chatting to people....."THAT'S HER" I thought.....so as she passed I enquired "ARE YOU DANIEL CRAIG'S MUM ?".......she glared at me [obviously other people had asked her the same question]....and shouted "NO I AM NOT !!!!!!"............in the immortal words of Homer J Simpson....."D'OH !!!!!!".....I quickly slurped by bevvy and made a hasty retreat...never to return !!!.....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.....DO NOT APPROACH THIS LADY !!!.
X!

Frivolity aside, I'd say that Daniel Craig was/is the best actor to play Bond in my view. I grew up ith Roger Moore in the lead role and being told that Connery was better.
Having seen every Bond film, I'd say Craig is by some distance the best Bond and that Skyfall is the best film in the entire series.

Frivolity aside, I'd say that Daniel Craig was/is the best actor to play Bond in my view. I grew up ith Roger Moore in the lead role and being told that Connery was better.
Having seen every Bond film, I'd say Craig is by some distance the best Bond and that Skyfall is the best film in the entire series.
I absolutely concur with you with every word you've written and I too grew up with Roger Moore

Back