The Documentary

I was in Holmfirth today and can vouch it started raining stair rods around lunchtime! Strangely I can only think of about 3 episodes where it's raining....
You would be surprised how many times it did rain,but often on film you could not see it, the givaways were wet pavements or roads, sometimes on the clothes being worn or vehicles, even though the crew would be mopping cast so it did not show

You would be surprised how many times it did rain,but often on film you could not see it, the givaways were wet pavements or roads, sometimes on the clothes being worn or vehicles, even though the crew would be mopping cast so it did not show
Maybe they could have used Seymour's giant kite to keep the rain off the cast.

Filming on Sunday was not without event. Of course, the laptop decided to crash - again - and while re-starting decided to do the inevitable update, meaning I had to move on to another location rather that sit waiting for 30 minutes for it to burst back into life.
Then it was so windy I was knocked sideways in the hills over Slaithwaite. Then I got stung by a bee. Why Me!?

So, home at last...

20221009_232007E.jpg

This is Ruby, one of our cats. I put my weekend bag down and she has taken a liking to it.
I'm not sure if she is pleased to see me, or wants to go with me next time...

Then I got stung by a bee

Friend of mine got stung on the hand by a wasp just as he was putting for a win in a golf match my friends and I were playing , the putter was tossed away in temper the ball went from 6 feet from the hole to the green side bunker . After two seconds of sympathy uncontrollable laughter ensued and we had to walk off back to the clubhouse .

Friend of mine got stung on the hand by a wasp just as he was putting for a win in a golf match my friends and I were playing , the putter was tossed away in temper the ball went from 6 feet from the hole to the green side bunker . After two seconds of sympathy uncontrollable laughter ensued and we had to walk off back to the clubhouse .
The laptop was nearly thrown in the river in Slaithwaite ...

Filming on Sunday was not without event. Of course, the laptop decided to crash - again - and while re-starting decided to do the inevitable update, meaning I had to move on to another location rather that sit waiting for 30 minutes for it to burst back into life.
Then it was so windy I was knocked sideways in the hills over Slaithwaite. Then I got stung by a bee. Why Me!?

So, home at last...

View attachment 5447

This is Ruby, one of our cats. I put my weekend bag down and she has taken a liking to it.
I'm not sure if she is pleased to see me, or wants to go with me next time...
I can clearly see Ruby's thinking, "If I sit on the bag, then he can't go anywhere." I have heard of a dog and even a pig who sat in the middle of the road when their master was ill, clearly with the thought that someone will stop and come to the door to say that the dog or pig was out. When the person did come to the door, they were able to shout out that they were ill and needed an ambulance.

It was during the filming of the trip to Wales when they stopped to take a break and to try to read a map. There was the blackest ever cloud in the distance. It was slightly windy so that added to the drama of circling with the map and trying to read it. I'm quite sure that the cast and crew finished filming that scene in a hurry as that black cloud loomed ever closer.

So, I went down to that there London on Sunday.
2022-10-17E.png
Despite having my good friend David, London born-and-bred, as guide, it took far longer than anticipated to navigate the capital.
I didn't feel the need to throw the laptop in the Thames, but I was continually frustrated with locations covered in scaffolding!

Television Centre in Shepherds Bush (or the Death Star as Jeremy Clarkson calls it) is being converted into very expensive flats. Did you managed to make it as far as the ITV Studio in Teddington where the live laughter tracks were recorded?

Television Centre in Shepherds Bush (or the Death Star as Jeremy Clarkson calls it) is being converted into very expensive flats. Did you managed to make it as far as the ITV Studio in Teddington where the live laughter tracks were recorded?
Oooooo, Barry ...
TVC (listed Grade II) is very expensive flats, although behind the iconic brick wall is TC1 the largest of the old BBC studios, still in use, with two other studios on the site.
I have been faced with a lot of difficult decisions in scripting and choosing locations.
Actually, some of the location choices were made for me by people who simply are not interested in celebrating the show, so those places will not appear. On Sunday I was literally "city bound" as I travelled by train and relied on public transport while there. There are some locations I would like to include - like the studios at Teddington, but they've now gone and are another housing development - but these places would require a special journey (from Birmingham) for what would likely just be 20 seconds on screen.

Last edited:
Back