The Coming of the Beast

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
So I have just started getting into the non-compo years and today I watched "the coming of the beast". I thought that this was a very funny episode with both a balance of slap-stick(physical) and mischievousness as we have seen in the past when compo was around. I really enjoyed this episode.
Your thoughts?

So I have just started getting into the non-compo years and today I watched "the coming of the beast". I thought that this was a very funny episode with both a balance of slap-stick(physical) and mischievousness as we have seen in the past when compo was around. I really enjoyed this episode.
Your thoughts?

I would say its maybe the best one from that series, a very funny episode. incidentally the place they get the bucket from I've been there to see them film and its not as small as it looks on screen

Your thoughts?
I'm with you on this one, just enough slapstick and the usual mischief. ;) ;)

I really enjoyed how the rumor mill starts rolling when Truly tells " the man who nearly knew Pavarotti" about a tiger. Also funny is where Howard is cracking the whip at Pearl.
It's hard to let go of the Compo era, but I'm starting to enjoy the post Compo years, of course, Bill could never be duplicated or replaced.
Whoever, "Last of the summer wine" is on Youtube is really posting, post compo years, pretty regularly too. I started subscribing to them and I got 3 or 4 new ones posted today. Nice for us in the states that PBS doesn't show Britcoms.

Oh, good I have to check them on You tube. I am subscribed to last of the summer wine, last of the summer wine 2, have you found some others I may have missed? ::)

Yes I will Ron-po, Kylerob was my first subscribe, although a lot of his stuff was in 6 minute bits you had to piece together. That is how I started watching my first LOSW over a year ago. I will check out the other person especially for post Compos. Thanks. :)

I really enjoyed how the rumor mill starts rolling when Truly tells " the man who nearly knew Pavarotti" about a tiger. Also funny is where Howard is cracking the whip at Pearl.
It's hard to let go of the Compo era, but I'm starting to enjoy the post Compo years, of course, Bill could never be duplicated or replaced.

You know Darin, I first started watching Summer Wine as PBS was airing the post-Compo years. So the Truly era was the norm for me. I can't ever get enough of Truly, Clegg, Wesley, Barry, Tom, Smiler, and Billy running around. And then I am pretty high on the first few Entwhistle seasons as well. I think Coming of the Beast is a good episode for seeing Truly at his best. I love Foggy, Seymour, and Truly equally. However, Truly took the third man character in a bit of a different direction than the previous three. He was more laid back, put himself on an equal level as the other guys, didn't have all those delusions of grandeur, and had a sense of mischief about him at times.

I predict the more you watch the post-Compo years, the more you will get to like it. For the longest time I thought the 2000-2007 era was the best. But as I watched the early eras more, i developed an equal love for them.

yes codfanglers, the series ran for so long that each "era", so to speak` had its own qualities. I've loved to see the evolution of the programme and the way it adapted to changes in society :)

yes codfanglers, the series ran for so long that each "era", so to speak` had its own qualities. I've loved to see the evolution of the programme and the way it adapted to changes in society :)

That is the ultimate joy for me watching it slowly from Series 1 to 31. After watching the Trully era, then Compo years, and then back to the Blamire years, it is great to see Foggy again. Then after a while it is great to see Seymour, and then Truly, etc.

To a lesser extent to is great to see the likes of Edie, Wesley, Smiler, etc. after a while and thety reappear again.

Back