The Chase

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
Hello fellow Yanks and Brit Brethren,

I have been in and out of the forum lately. While my schedule has kept me from watching a lot of Summer Wine I thought I would post on a few things I have been watching.

I was curious if any of you over the pond watch the Chase. I think the US version of the Chase is starting its second season here, and it only involves one Chaser, Mark Labbett.

We enjoy watching it as a family. I enjoy Labbett a lot. I guess I am unique in cheering for him to catch up to the contestants.

The UK version is hosted by Bradley Walsh but is shown at 5pm so people who work rarely see it . They have experimented with a celebrity version where the celebs play for money for their favourite charity and that is shown peek time at weekends.

The show gets decent ratings they use multiple chasers on the show to keep it fresh and they are hidden from the contestants until each round is about to commence . The show us quite popular however it is outstripped by its out takes .

Bradley Walsh is a giggler and it does not take a great deal to set him off , there are no half measures with him once he has gone he is gone [please check out you tube using his name and you will see what I mean] . I imagine it takes some time to record the show once he goes because you will see from the clips it becomes difficult to get it under control.

It's funny when Bradley starts laughing at silly multiple choice answers, just look on YouTube and you'll find tons of them. I think the Chasers are getting tired, as Shaun Wallace never seems to beat them. He stumbles on quite a few answers. I've noticed this with the Sinha man too.

Back