The Beatles 50th

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched the American TV show to celebrate 50 years of the Beatles going to America,what a great show,the best bit for me was when Paul sang Sargent Peppers followed by him and Ringo doing With a Little Help from my Friends, it took me back to the first time I heard the song, I had saved up for the Album,and on release day,took it home and placed it on my Dansette record players and hammered it until my parents threatened to evict me

Terry

Always liked the Beatles but a big Stones fan myself and we are both still going.....just :me: :me:

Was a BEATLES fan , my wife (then girlfriend) was a Stones fan. The rest as they say is history. ;) ;)

Watching. the Beatles 50th Anniversary show tonight. Paul and Ringo did an amazing job.

Watching the Beetles tribute "The Night That Changed America". I have always liked the Beetles but by the time I was exposed to "Rock" music when I was about 10 the Beetles had already broken up so I was more a Paul McCartney and Wings fan.

Wasn't able to watch all the show because I was disappointed that they were having other groups play their music. I would have preferred that they show the old video clips of the Beatles doing their own music.

I just have to say watching the second half of this tribute is amazing. I am watching Ringo Starr perform. I just love this guy! I have never seen him perform or ever really speak and here he is doing a masterful performance by himself (well of course there is a band). "I am an old home boy and I am a long way from home"....then played the drums and sang, and now singing "Yellow Submarine" ....what a performer!

I am truly enjoying this tribute now. Still watching.....

Watching the Beetles tribute "The Night That Changed America". I have always liked the Beetles but by the time I was exposed to "Rock" music when I was about 10 the Beetles had already broken up so I was more a Paul McCartney and Wings fan.

Wasn't able to watch all the show because I was disappointed that they were having other groups play their music. I would have preferred that they show the old video clips of the Beatles doing their own music.

I just have to say watching the second half of this tribute is amazing. I am watching Ringo Starr perform. I just love this guy! I have never seen him perform or ever really speak and here he is doing a masterful performance by himself (well of course there is a band). "I am an old home boy and I am a long way from home"....then played the drums and sang, and now singing "Yellow Submarine" ....what a performer!

I am truly enjoying this tribute now. Still watching.....

Yes Beth this was a great show towards the end,it bought back happy memories when Ringo was on then followed by him and Paul together

Back