Technical Issue

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
I am really struggling this morning. First there was this which I do not understand:

Another taken by a friend of mine (I do have one or two who tolerate me) of 60009, Union of South Africa, near the very historic Culross, Fife, very much running alongside the Firth of Forth.

933976_599578540052917_1028707783_n_zpsc9c38bb5.jpg

And then, I was trying to deal with the above and just could not find a facility which was there a day or so ago because I used it. If after posting one found something wrong and wanted to modify an earlier post there was a "Modify" capability. I just cannot find it any more!!!

I am really struggling this morning. First there was this which I do not understand:

Another taken by a friend of mine (I do have one or two who tolerate me) of 60009, Union of South Africa, near the very historic Culross, Fife, very much running alongside the Firth of Forth.

And then, I was trying to deal with the above and just could not find a facility which was there a day or so ago because I used it. If after posting one found something wrong and wanted to modify an earlier post there was a "Modify" capability. I just cannot find it any more!!!

Well Unc if you are logged in and on the actual post it should be there,the Modify that is,thought eh photo is still on photobucket has the named changed just a little bit

Well Unc if you are logged in and on the actual post it should be there,the Modify that is,thought eh photo is still on photobucket has the named changed just a little bit

Sorted out one issue. The picture on Photobucket - remembered that this befuddled brain uploaded the particular picture twice. Then downloaded one of the images on Photobucket to here. Then realised I had duplicated. Deleted one of the two images on Photobucket. The one I deleted must have been the one I had downloaded to here. Simples. Well, it is to this befuddled brain.

But whatever I do I just cannot get a "Modify" key on my posts - weird.

Unc I am the least tech person on the forum,my grandkids know more than me :-[
As regards "modify" there appears to be a time limit as to how long you have to modify your posts.Perhaps Terry can give the definitive answer on that. The last post I made before this one I was attempting to keep an eye on . So I could time it but I got sidetracked and missed just how long the modify option lasted. :-[ Hope this has been a little help to you. :)

The modify option appears to last for an hour Unc. :)

Many thanks for that. I will try posting this and see if I get a "Modify" key. I did note earlier I seemed to have a "Delete" option on my posts but that now seems to have gone.

Yes there is a setting deep within the setting that limits the time that you can edit a post, it was set to 60 mins, I have now disabled this

That's better - I am now getting "Modify" (and "Delete") on my posts on the specific Subject page. On my favourite "Recent Posts" page I only get the "Delete" option.

Yes I had noticed that I could only modify a comment fora while - I had not realised it was limited to 60 minutes, I had wondered whether it was modifiable until some one else posted. However, as explained that theory was not right!

The wonders of modern technology ....

Back