Tales of more than two sweaters...

mashibinbin

Dedicated Member
From recall the multi-parters, or at least properly linked episodes were:

The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper/Cheering up Gordon/Going to Gordon's Wedding

The Flag and it's/Further Snags

Here we go/again into the Wild Blue Yonder

The Love Mobile/All that Glitters is not Elvis

Elegy for Fallen Wellies/Surprise at Throstlenest/Just a Small Funeral

Follow That Bottle/How to Remove a Cousin

The Swan Man of Ilkley/Who's that Talking to Lenny?/Get out of that Then

Series 31

What are everyone's thoughts on these and can we think of anymore to add to the list?

Very hard to think of more.

How about The Man from Oswestry/Return of the Warrior?

If that counts.

They mirror each other nicely.

Last edited:
Nice work wstol!

Norris is a returning character so I'd say his fit - 5 in total but only 2 if I recall correctly were he's explicity referred to as Norris.
Getting Sam Home and Will Stella find true love with Norris Fairburn
[other 3 were Who's looking after the Cafe then/Have you got a Light Mate?/The Defeat of the Stoneworm]

Jack Harry Teesdale due as above is fine.

The two Foggy 'intro' episodes do indeed mirror but aren't linked in quite the same way so personally I'd leave them off.

Cheering up pair are totally unrelated so definitive no there.

Clutching at straws now.

There's a feint link between Pate and Chips/The Man from Oswestry/Who Made a Bit of a Splash in Wales Then? which relate to Blamire and Foggy's army careers and girlfriends.

Return of the Warrior/Come In Sunray Major simply for the linking line from Howard in the latter - 'Oh God is he back?!'.

LOTSW has always treated new or returning characters with very little fuss or fanfare.

Just like the Postwoman you're determined to pair off The Man from Oswestery aren't you? ;) (Only now you want him in a threesome!)

Continuity exists between those 3 certainly but no real linkage in my book sorry.

One line however funny doth not a strong link make sorry but I am now personally debating the plaudits of pairing What's Santa brought for Nora then together with Return of the Warrior as the decorated eggs dovetail nicely almost as a foreboding threat!

Return of the Warrior/Come In Sunray Major simply for the linking line from Howard in the latter - 'Oh God is he back?!'.

LOTSW has always treated new or returning characters with very little fuss or fanfare.
Sometimes i wish they had made a bit more fuss.

How about Jubilee/The Three Astaires - similar ideas but mainly for John Horsley as the vicar.

Definitely, and that means there's an another eligible vicar trio with Gerard Hayling this time:
Last and Pigeon/Hey, Big Vendor/Who's that Mouse in the Poetry Group.

It means also we can link the late, great Sir Norman Wisdom's magnificent seven:
The Man who nearly knew Pavarotti/Extra! Extra!/Gnome and Away/The Coming of the Beast/A Musical Passing for a Miserable Muscroft/The General's Greatest Battle and Variations on a theme of the Widow Winstanley

Back