Summer Wine Windows Theme

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I found this online which was a blast from the past for me. When I had one of my first PC's over 20 years ago you could install different Windows themes so the icons and sounds changed.

Naturally I had a Summer Wine one installed on my PC! I found details of it on the archive.org site, I'm pretty sure every sound sample was taken from the Greenfingers episode, some of you may even recognise the quotes. Did anyone else have this installed on their computer ?

I had this myself a good few years ago, when I had a Windows 7 computer, although in my current operating system (Windows 10) I can't have custom sounds. I do still use the wallpaper though.

I only use Windows 10 for my works computer and I absolutely hate it, basically it decides what content I have to watch, which is usually click bait or some form of advertising. I really hope Macs don't go down that route too....

I find Windows 10 quite good, when you find ways to take charge of all it's little quirks and habits. Mine isn't half stubborn in some departments though....

Back