Summer Wine fan by proxy.

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
I was down home visiting my Mam last Thursday and as I walked in I could hear the Summer Wine theme music on the TV. My dad who was a big fan of the series passed away in 2006 and Mam lives on her own now. She was never much into the series or TV in general come to that but I`ve noticed since Dad passed on, Mam now watches what used to be Dad`s favourite programmes and listen to his favoured radio stations and indeed has taken on other of his interests as well. She does this of course to feel closer to him.She was completely inconsolable when he died, she just loved him so much. He had been the only man in her life, they got married when she was just eighteen and had never been out with anyone else. It`s nice to think that maybe she is getting some consolation from watching the series and laughing a little, something we thought might never happen again.
Below is a link to a video I made celebrating his life. Putting this together was a painful experience for me too,I showed it to Mam only recently and although there were lots of tears she was so pleased and proud, which made it all worthwhile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAkOUr-8o9c

That's was beautiful, my brother has video of my mam but have not been able to watch it yet, she passed away in 06 too but still can't bring myself to watch it. That must have been very difficult for you but you did a grand job well done.

I just noticed this now. Amazing how it rings a bell to some people. When my Dad died in 1987 we went throught the same thing with our Mum. You did a good job with this.. Thanks for sharing..

Back