Summer Wine Dreams?

Marina'sTwin

Dedicated Member
I didn't know whether to post this in the General category or the Fun category, but it doesn't have much to do with the actual show so I thought it would be safer to go with the Fun category. Lol Anyway, so I'm sure, since we're all fans of the show, the Summer Wine characters have occasionally snuck into our dreams. I sure hope I'm not the only one! Lol So I'll start, I've recently found myself in a sort of romantic dillemma. My ex girlfriend is dating someon else, but she wants to get back with me. But she doesn't want to leave the other one. So I told her I would think about it. And I have been thinking about it. And last night I had this random dream. I was sitting on the boat ramp at the lake and my ex and her current partner rode up to me on a boat and they were trying to get me to go with them. Then they randomly disappeared and I looked up and Marina was sitting beside me. I probably should have been wondering what Marina was doing in Calhoun Falls, but it made perfect sense at the time, so I didn't ask. Lol But she picked up a flower and played with it and she said "Don't get yourself mixed up in that, sweetheart, you deserve way more than to be the other woman; if she really loved you she'd leave that girl to be with you." Then she tossed the flower in the water and disappeared and a whole buch of other random things happened before I woke up. Lol But my point is, I think my subconscious mind came to me in the form of Marina to tell me what I should have known to begin with. Funny how that works. Anyway, so my question is: Has anyone else had any dreams about interacting with Summer Wine characters?

I have to say that I have not had any dreams yet with any SW characters yet. I don't dream like I did when I was younger. Maybe only 2 times a year now, and I am always running or someone else is. I have dreamed of other"celebs" before, I wasn't really a fan , but an American talk show host from the 70's showed up in a dream once. For those from the states it was Phil Donahue. He is married to Marlo Thomas, daughter of Danny Thomas. I don't remember the dream , but he was in it, just in passing. Something silly like I was in my moms house and there was commotion and he was just standing there. Nothing special. I suppose from time to time people are out of place.

Something that I always wonder is if I dream in color. My sister was into interpreting dreams and we mostly dream in black and white. I have had one or 2 in color. I always try to remember. Forget what it means if anything.:p

You don't have dreams when you get older?!? Where's the fountain of youth? I wanna be 20 forever! Lol I have dreams almost every night. Most of the time they help me solve problems but sometimes they're about my worst fear: Becoming evil and hurting the people I love. I'm almost certain that it means that I need to express my emotions more or else I'll end up snapping and going on a rampage. I'm not a psychiatrist but I've been treated by enough of them to know a little about what dreams mean in relation to mental health. Lol

Some people might, but not me. Not sure if that is a fact that as you get older you don't dream. I use to dream all the time as a teen and very early 20's. LOL Yeah, I thought I was going to be 24 forever!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL. I can probably speak for everyone on forum, that we all think like that. Well, maybe we would at least like to have our life lessons we have all experienced, and be in a 20 something body.

Perhaps I am an exception or I have a guilty conscience but I dream most every night. And I am 68.:yawn::yawn:

Everyone dreams - it is a normal function of the brain that helps us process information and organize thoughts in waking hours. What can change is our ability to remember our dreams. I seldom remember my dreams, but let me take some cold medicine and I'm in for a wild night. I have never had a LOTSW character show up though. Looking forward to that..........

Lol Well what surprised me so much is that Marina was telling me not to be the other woman! Lol I didn't think of the irony of that. At first I thought it was because she's my favorite character, but maybe my dream was trying to tell me that I'd end up like her if I had said yes to my ex. As cool and funny as I think Marina is, I don't want to be like her when I get old! Lol

Perhaps I am an exception or I have a guilty conscience but I dream most every night. And I am 68.:yawn::yawn:

I am sure not a guilty conscience Happy Jack , some peoples brains just keep going and I suppose when I do dream I just don't remember most of them.:yawn:. Mine were VERY vivid in youth. Now few and far between.
Also, what Nora's hat said about our brains processing our thoughts during day time,had forgotten about that from Psych class in college.

That is great that you remember dreams almost every night!!!:yawn::yawn:

That was an interesting read Marina's twin,hope everything works out ok,
certainly sounds like your subconscious giving you some advice via Marina,I'v never had a dream involving any of the characters,but its a wonder with the amount I watch,theres no one that I wouldn't want to appear in any of my dreams,saw some of the episodes this week where Marina,Howard and Pearl made their first appearances and couldn't believe how young they all look,when I go to Holmfirth I walk by Marina's shop next to the stream where she used to meet Howard,and I always pause and imagine her there,
Is Calhoun Falls as lovely as it sounds ?
Pete x

Back