Sugar

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
What is the most amount of spoonfuls of Sugar you have seen Compo put in his tea, and what episode was it in ?

I don't have the answer only the theory that he needed so much sugar to counter the sourness Nora purveyed towards him on occasion . Nora a lady who probably bit a lemon and it was the lemon that winced.

Cant remember a specific episode but there were a few that he had at least 6 spoons. What about at Cleggy's that time when he put sugar in and pulled a face so Cleggy emptied what was left in the sugar bowl directly into Compo's cup! :35:

I just watched "Return of the Warrior" (S12-E01) when Cleggy and Compo were depressed about the departure of Seymour.....and they each put 4 spoonfuls in their teas.

Well I have seen more than 4 spoons of Sugar go in the tea,and it was in Compo's cup,so keep looking folks,I think it was a Seymour episode

Ivy gave Compo a run for his money in A Dewhurst In A Fur Tree when she's having tea at Noras.

With all the bad press about sugar I bet Nora would have been clamping down on Compo,s sugar intake ,personaly I am fed up being told by eperts! that food I have enjoyed all my life is bad for me whats wrong with a lovely lardy cake covered in sugar!!!!!!

In Spring Fever too, in the cafe Sid tips the contents of the sugar bowl into the housekeepers teacup.

Don't know if this counts since Compo didn't put all 9 of them in the tea, though he did see them being put in. But in "Who's That Bloke with Nora Batty Then?" Seymour puts 3 spoonsful in Compo's cup, then Clegg adds 3 more. When Compo tastes it he makes a face and sounds of disgust and adds 3 more spoonsful and then drinks it down.

Don't know if this counts since Compo didn't put all 9 of them in the tea, though he did see them being put in. But in "Who's That Bloke with Nora Batty Then?" Seymour puts 3 spoonsful in Compo's cup, then Clegg adds 3 more. When Compo tastes it he makes a face and sounds of disgust and adds 3 more spoonsful and then drinks it down.

That's the one I was looking for me2 a total of 9 spoons of sugar,well spotted

With all the bad press about sugar I bet Nora would have been clamping down on Compo,s sugar intake ,personaly I am fed up being told by eperts! that food I have enjoyed all my life is bad for me whats wrong with a lovely lardy cake covered in sugar!!!!!!
As my Dad always says "A little of what you fancy does you good!". :)

The idea behind cakes and other desserts is that you enjoy a slice or two during a special occasion or celebration such as Christmas, Easter, birthdays, special dinners, etc. And supposedly this dessert is served after a complete meal which automatically reduces the effect of sugar. So yes have that piece of birthday cake or lardy cake and don't feel guilty.

Back