Still Open All Hours has started filming today!

It looks like someone uploaded it from a dodgy video tape :eek:

Really looking forward to seeing the xmas special. ;D

WOW.

The shop looks like it did nearly 30 years ago.

Granville looks like Arkwright.

And Mrs Featherstone too.

Yeah the youtube clip is bad but i was just happy to see it as its rare! The shop looks good just like 85 when the last series finished. Cheers!

Yeah the youtube clip is bad but i was just happy to see it as its rare! The shop looks good just like 85 when the last series finished. Cheers!

I suspect that there may not be many good quality copies on VHS from 1982 and it is the best we can get unless someone could get the original from the TV company!

I just read in the DM that they are going to do a series :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

They don't know a good thing when they have it. Shameful... The show is a classic. Even if the Boxing day show didn't do that well it could be because it was on wrong time slot. I wish to see it back.

The viewing figures were good but the critics panned it. I think we need new critics !

I fail to see what the story is here. A red top comes up with an item from a "BBC insider" which basically could be anyone or no one - they have been known to make these things up before. The story seems to be that because there is no news on a series being commissioned then it must be the case that they aren't doing it. It's been only a few weeks and I'm sure that a number of things have to be done before any contracts are signed. For a start I doubt whether David Jason or Roy Clarke come cheap and why should they.

The BBC aren't under any obligation to do a series anyway, they never promised that, and if it really is that good what's to stop ITV or SKY stepping in? They did with Birds of a feather. I'm not sure viewing figures would mean much either in this case, simply because you could probably stick David Jason in anything on Christmas or Boxing Day and get 8-10 million watching just because of his rep with Only Fools, Darling Buds and Frost.

I'm sure if the BBC are interested one of the questions that they might ask Roy Clarke, and I know I would ask it, what's going to be the story going forward to carry any series and not just one series. There wasn't much of one in the Christmas special. To be honest I thought the special was ok, not great, but if given a choice of watching that again or one of the Ronnie Barker Open All Hours there would be no contest I'd choose the latter. I wouldn't mind seeing a series made, but if it isn't I can't say I'm that disappointed.

Back