Still Game series 9 may be it's last :-(

It will be a shame as it is still very enjoyable,that will be a complete end to any new decent comedy on TV

I agree. Thought they had a strong comeback from the break they took. The cast is still young enough to carry on for more seasons if they wished.

Have you watched a comedy called The Rebel on Gold channel? I wouldn't give it amazing reviews, but I found it to be watchable. Features some bad language here and there. Currently 2 series have aired.

Thanks, Mike. That looks really good. Sadly, I am only able to find only a few minute long snippets from the show. Not able to locate any whole episodes to view. Nothing on Netflix either, maybe in time.

Saw the bit where he had an interaction with a policeman over preventing him from chasing a shoplifter. The copper reminded me of PC Goody from Thin Blue Line and I kept wanting Inspector Fowler to come up and admonish him for not doing his duty.

I've heard good things about The Rebel too but haven't found a way to watch it in the USA yet either... All I can find is the clip on youtube that RickAns posted about.

Its quite a good series , well two series Simon Callow takes a great part as a cantankerous old guy who has no respect for stupidity or indeed authority ably supported by Anita Dobson and Bill Paterson plus his long suffering daughter . There is quite a lot of bad language but given his temperament it sort of fits [as the language in Still Game does] . He was a Mod in the 60's and really still hasn't lost the tag as its set in Brighton it sort of fits the bill , I hope you manage to see it because its quite entertaining . There are some clips on You Tube which I found searching with The Rebel Gold but sadly no full episodes and no DVD yet

Back