Dedicated Member
Where is everyone's favourite coastal resort or Town. Mine are
Hastings. East Sussex
Scarborough. Yorkshire
Newquay. Cornwall
Charlestown. Cornwall
I quite like Brighton but gets a bit too loud and a bit dodgy at night
I'll throw Eastbourne in as well

Sandown , Isle of Wight was nice but recently been at Whitby , Staithes, Saltburn and Robin Hoods bay love them all but Bamburgh and Seahouses near me are great but the latter has changed for the worse.

I don't know any of those places but Panama City Beach is on the gulf coast and that might be my favorite place to visit now. And Folly Beach is on the coast of South Carolina and that's a nice place too. Not sure if those places count tho. Lol

What's Saltburn like cap

An atypical small seaside town with a Pier and a funicular and a fabulous seafood restaurant adjacent to the funicular . I would say its a place to definitely visit if you are in the Area . I was in Whitby as my base and travelled on the bus there and back had a wonderful day out , the funicular lift on its own is worth the journey . I would not stay there but you could and use it as a base to visit the likes of Whitby on a day trip but certainly more activities/facilities available in Whitby and given the choice I would stay there and take a day trip to Saltburn.

An atypical small seaside town with a Pier and a funicular and a fabulous seafood restaurant adjacent to the funicular . I would say its a place to definitely visit if you are in the Area . I was in Whitby as my base and travelled on the bus there and back had a wonderful day out , the funicular lift on its own is worth the journey . I would not stay there but you could and use it as a base to visit the likes of Whitby on a day trip but certainly more activities/facilities available in Whitby and given the choice I would stay there and take a day trip to Saltburn.
Thanks Cap

Whitby slipped my mind. We’ve not been for years but always used to stay in the Royal Hotel when we holidayed there. I used to love watching the boats come in and unload their catch in the harbour.
There seems to be a campsite called Folly Gardens, which seems to be popular with campers you could see if your old classic could get you up there!

Recently went to Brighton on the Bus. Sadly some of it is very tired and could really do with some Re Generation

Back