Steps by Ivy's cafe.

Maggie Jones

Dedicated Member
When GOLD went all the way back to the start of LOTSW a few weeks back I noticed that when the trio climbed the steps at the side of the cafe there were only a few - about half a dozen. However, in later episodes I'm sure there were many more steps than that. Anyone know if steps were added or am I just imagining that?

I know that feeling.....
but I'm sure later episodes show more steps! I'll have to do a bit more checking out.

There are actually two staircases, one with just a few steps and the other with 12 or more.

Both could be considered dual purpose . Coming down to enter the Cafe they are a Stairway to Hell , yes the tea and food may be nice but the Hell comes from the inevitable Ear bashing and wrath the characters are almost guaranteed to receive from the feisty Ivy. They are also a Stairway to Heaven not only to escape the ear bending from Ivy but they take you into the wonderful town of Holmfirth and beyond ultimately to Summer Wine Country ! :)

Both could be considered dual purpose . Coming down to enter the Cafe they are a Stairway to Hell , yes the tea and food may be nice but the Hell comes from the inevitable Ear bashing and wrath the characters are almost guaranteed to receive from the feisty Ivy. They are also a Stairway to Heaven not only to escape the ear bending from Ivy but they take you into the wonderful town of Holmfirth and beyond ultimately to Summer Wine Country ! :)
The stairway to Heaven is aptly named as it is the one next to the Church.

Back